Re: [SPAM][CentralTexasGeocachers] OT: Shout Out for Doc Geo and Moosiegirl

  • Heather Ford
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 1, 2008
      Woo-hoo!  Congrats to both!!!  How did all the other folks do?

      Heather/Ronin's Gal

      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 2, 2008
        Pat finished the Nike Human race in 1 hour and 32 minutes. She was aiming to walk a 15 minute mile pace and she was just a little faster than that (14.8). She said her head was about to explode from the heat walking up the hill by the LBJ library, but she got cooled off and finished strong. Congratulations to everyone for finishing their respective races. We saw Audra's time on the web - it was impressiive (especially since the heat index was ~102 at race time).
        Mary Beth
        (emmy-n-sapphie)

        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 2, 2008
          Did they have misters, like the Olympics?

          (and congrats, all....)

          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 3, 2008
            Misters? PGH! They had SHOWERS!! I'll let Candy relay how she
            appreciated the showers. It was so blazin' hot out there and it was
            so crowded the only moment I felt like I could raise my arms from my
            sides was the last 3 blocks before the finish line when everyone
            around me seemed to have enough juice to run a little faster. Not me.
            I was zapped. That was the hardest race I've been in so far this
            year including the Danskin Tri and the Muddy Buddy. I'm really
            impressed with everyone's resolve to complete the race -- there were
            certainly moments when I was asking myself "WHY am I doing this??"

            I saw Barbara (Gigi) and her daughter, Candy -- gave them a big cheer
            and shouts. Never saw Pat -- she wasn't far behind me --I was still
            getting water and trying to find Maria... lol I didn't see Mrs
            HiDude and her buddy either -- but I'm impressed with Deb's graphic on
            NikePlus.com -- wish mine had looked like that.

            Great job everyone!

            Audra/semik

            --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, Barb Jernigan
            <gumbietygress@...> wrote:

            > Did they have misters, like the Olympics?
            >
            > (and congrats, all....)
            >

            > On Tue, 2 Sep 2008 09:10:26 -0700 (PDT) Mary Beth Booth
            > <emmy_n_sapphie@...> writes:
            > Pat finished the Nike Human race in 1 hour and 32 minutes. She was
            aiming
            > to walk a 15 minute mile pace and she was just a little faster than that
            > (14.8). She said her head was about to explode from the heat walking up
            > the hill by the LBJ library, but she got cooled off and finished strong.
            > Congratulations to everyone for finishing their respective races. We saw
            > Audra's time on the web - it was impressiive (especially since the heat
            > index was ~102 at race time).
            > Mary Beth
            > (emmy-n-sapphie)

            Geo and

            http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL2141/fc/Ioyw6i3mYPvgOLfkruLegPm0dXmdcKUVcHUro63xVQTnkdiHXkmNXU/

            Message 5 of 5 , Sep 3, 2008
              On Wed, 03 Sep 2008 13:56:20 -0000 "A Allen (SEMIK)"
              <al_allen327@...> writes:
              > Misters? PGH! They had SHOWERS!! I'll let Candy relay how she

              Along the route? cool!

              > appreciated the showers. It was so blazin' hot out there and it
              > was
              > so crowded the only moment I felt like I could raise my arms from
              > my
              > sides was the last 3 blocks before the finish line when everyone
              > around me seemed to have enough juice to run a little faster. Not
              > me.
              > I was zapped. That was the hardest race I've been in so far this
              > year including the Danskin Tri and the Muddy Buddy. I'm really
              > impressed with everyone's resolve to complete the race -- there
              > were
              > certainly moments when I was asking myself "WHY am I doing this??"

              Well, we're too polite to say that to your faces. =g=

              Rock on, all of you....
              Click here to find single Christians that want to meet you today.
              http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL2141/fc/Ioyw6i3ngh5jfVJHRJ5xuTG5CTbxoMkiPi4q4CgNW91A7jDKgZ7fKq/