Spud crimes and punishment

  • Scott & Charlotte
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 3, 2003

      To all Spud Heads…

      I received an email today that implied that a geocacher had picked up the Hot Potato in the evening but waited until after midnight to log it.  If someone picks up the Hot Potato in the evening, they need to be fair and diligent to log it before midnight.  If someone else visits that same cache to find the Hot Potato gone, and then the log doesn’t show up until after midnight, then I will call a foul on that team and may impose stiff penalties (i.e. multiple points awarded to the opposing team).  As always, I will assume that cachers are an honest bunch of people and that they will be self policing.  My intention in organizing this game was to create something new for geocachers to play, not to become the Hot Potato cop.  Remember, it’s just a game.

      Please start posting the time of your visit in the physical logbook at the cache when you place or remove the Spud.  This will help everyone be sure that no deception is taking place. Plus, I always log both the date and time in every cache I visit so that other cachers that visit the same day will know just how close two cachers visited the same cache.

      Thanks...

      Scott Robuck

      Team GeoDillo

      N 30° 12.4'

      W 97° 50.4'

      "All animals are created equal, but some are more equal than others"

      --  George Orwell, Animal Farm