Re: [SPAM]Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] 2 Days to go for the 2007 Geocaching Awards

  • Heather Ford
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 30, 2008
      I'll second these sentiments!  You can take this girl out of the Midwest, but apparently you can't take the dislike of heat out of this Midwest girl!  (But Barb, and who was it?  Mary Beth?  Do you like caching in the cold?)

      Heather/Ronin's Gal

      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 31, 2008
        depends on how cold and if I'm dressed for it....
        but, one of the funnest runs we ever had was in the blizzard before Easter '07.
        But given a choice between 20 degrees ABOVE my favorite comfort zone, and 20 degrees BELOW my favorite comfort zone (even up to 40), the cold gets it. =g= [Besides, greenbriar and PI don't LIKE the cold, not to mention chiggers and skeeters and.....]

        On Sat, 30 Aug 2008 08:05:39 -0500 "Heather Ford" <urania@...> writes:
        I'll second these sentiments!  You can take this girl out of the Midwest, but apparently you can't take the dislike of heat out of this Midwest girl!  (But Barb, and who was it?  Mary Beth?  Do you like caching in the cold?)

        Heather/Ronin's Gal

        I do, after looking through all the nominees have a suggestion for a new category next year: "Best park & grab" and/or maybe: "Best cammo"
        I want to reward those who think sideways with the most benign of caches -- and aid our summer fun (for those of us who are too Norske to manage much outdoor athleticism for half of the year). Selfish, I know. =g=

        THANKS again, Arnaud, for taking this on (now you can't call it a thankless task).

        .

        Click here to compare prices and features on point of sale systems.

      • Mary Beth Booth
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 2, 2008
          I've cached when it was 4 degrees above zero. Got about 10 caches that day. I don't mind the cold (that's what down parkas and subzero boots are for), but I don't like it when cachers forget to use the snow attribute (as in "You don't have a snowball's chance in hell of finding this cache if there is more than 1 inch of snow on the ground"). We once spent an hour looking for a cache that turned out to be a micro inside a railroad spike in the ground buried under 3 feet of snow. That was a 3-season cache for sure, but the owner negelected to say it was inaccessible in the snow. That wasn't a fun day.
          Mary Beth
          (emmy-n-sapphie)

          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 2, 2008
            Hear ya....
            Well. I start feeling COLD in the teens.
            Doesn't mean I won't cache then -- after all, I still have my cozy Sorels(tm) -- but I'd treat it like caching when it's over 100F.
            I know. Wimp.

            On Tue, 2 Sep 2008 08:33:19 -0700 (PDT) Mary Beth Booth <emmy_n_sapphie@...> writes:
[...]

            Click to become a master chef, own a restaurant and make millions.