Welcome, Team Jactar!

  • Candy Lind
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 3, 2003
      Cindy, welcome!
      I'm like you  ... I need a REASON to be out there hiking. Maybe we could take a few treks together; I'm unemployed and have a hard time getting up the gumption to go out during the day while Wayne (The Outlaw, my hubby) is working. I'd be happy to go out with either or both of you sometime, and I'll share "tips and tricks". OK?
      There are lots of other very helpful cachers who are willing to "group cache" -- in fact, you will see "who wants to go" posts on here very often!
      Happy Trails!
      Candy Lind    candylind@...
      I can quit any time ... really, I CAN!!
      Sent: Monday, November 03, 2003 11:46 AM
      Subject: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Newbie

      Hi all,

      We're new to geocaching, and I just discovered this list.  We went once
      with a friend and were hooked.  I need to get back in shape, and I hate
      just hiking.  Having a purpose really makes hiking more fun for me, enough
      that I want to do it often.

      We've made our first dozen or so finds in the last week or so.  But, we've
      probably not found almost as many.  (And a bunch of the ones we did find
      have been virtual, which seem to be a little easier.)

      I'd love some words of wisdom and/or encouragement.

      Team Jactar