New firmware for eTrex Vista HCx and eTrex Legend HCx

  • Brent
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 22, 2008
      I just noticed that there is new firmware available for the two units
      listed above. Sounds like it has some important improvements if any of
      you are using one of those units:

      Change History
      Changes made from version 2.60 to 2.70:

      * Improve distance calculation in odometer.
      * Fix system freeze issue.
      * Fix shutdown issue when browse detail map.
      * Correct user grid.
      * Disable route calculation icon when GPS is off.

      You can get it by using Garmin's WebUpdater

      http://www8.garmin.com/products/webupdater/

      or directly from one of these links:

      Vista: http://www8.garmin.com/support/agree.jsp?id=3709

      Legend: http://www8.garmin.com/support/agree.jsp?id=3707

      If you own a different model, you can run WebUpdater, or find your
      unit in the following list:

      http://www8.garmin.com/support/blosp.jsp

      I don't know about the other units, but if you have a 60CSx and use
      WebUpdater, you need to run it twice, once to update the unit
      firmware, and again to update the gps receiver chip firmware.

      Brent