Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Introduction

  • Pete
    Message 1 of 24 , Aug 5, 2008
      We see you found our Kingsbury Aerodrome Cache out that way so welcome to the addiction with the rest of us. Once this heat is gone we will hopefully get back into the groove and start doing some more caching but for now the 100 plus degrees on the thermometer outside is keeping me in the air conditioning.

      Paparazzi Pete of PetenMike and Wanakenagirl

      Message 2 of 24 , Aug 5, 2008
        "Once this heat is gone we will hopefully get back into the groove and
        start doing some more caching but for now the 100 plus degrees on the
        thermometer outside is keeping me in the air conditioning.
        Paparazzi Pete of PetenMike and Wanakenagirl"

        That's my plan too, except I haven't stuck to the plan. I keep going
        out in the heat and working through it. Take LOTS of water and go
        through all of it.

        When it gets too cold I'll probably be saying the same junk, and then
        putting on 15 layers of clothes and going out anyway.

        Yep, I'm nuts. But at least I know it!
      • Doc
        Message 3 of 24 , Aug 5, 2008
          Yep, I got 73 over last weekend...  all day Saturday and Sunday...  just leave the A/C on max and the engine running...   mostly PnG's....

          Barry

        • jestrrrulz@aol.com
          Message 4 of 24 , Aug 5, 2008
            Ummmm where are you caching that it's that cold? It's Central Texas. Winter lasts 3 days! ha ha ha

            In a message dated 8/5/2008 11:19:37 A.M. Central Daylight Time, electric_water_boy@... writes:
            When it gets too cold I'll probably be saying the same junk, and then
            putting on 15 layers of clothes and going out anyway.

          • electric_water_boy
            Message 5 of 24 , Aug 6, 2008
              I live in South Texas for a reason. Cold to me is when it gets below
              70. Freezing starts around 60.

              --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, jestrrrulz@... wrote:

              > Ummmm where are you caching that it's that cold? It's Central
              Texas. Winter
              > lasts 3 days! ha ha ha
              >

              > In a message dated 8/5/2008 11:19:37 A.M. Central Daylight Time,
              > electric_water_boy@... writes:
              >
              > When it gets too cold I'll probably be saying the same junk, and
              then
              > putting on 15 layers of clothes and going out anyway.
              >

              > **************Looking for a car that's sporty, fun and fits in your
              budget?
              > Read reviews on AOL Autos.
              > (http://autos.aol.com/cars-BMW-128-2008/expert-review?
              ncid=aolaut00050000000017 )

            • Chris, Penny, Logan, Liahm, Gabriel and P
              Message 6 of 24 , Aug 6, 2008
                Congrats Mike on 2K! And the places you've been to find those caches is amazing!
                Nick, I'll never forget when we first met you at Julie's 3K event and you beat me on that crazy race!  Good luck and just think of all the new caches you'll have to find!

                Penny
                cpnowak

                Sent: Wednesday, August 06, 2008 9:50 AM
                Subject: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Re: The Heat

                I live in South Texas for a reason. Cold to me is when it gets below
                70. Freezing starts around 60.

                --- In CentralTexasGeocach ers@yahoogroups. com, jestrrrulz@. .. wrote:

                > Ummmm where are you caching that it's that cold? It's Central
                Texas. Winter
                > lasts 3 days! ha ha ha
                >

                > In a message dated 8/5/2008 11:19:37 A.M. Central Daylight Time,
                > electric_water_ boy@... writes:
                >
                > When it gets too cold I'll probably be saying the same junk, and
                then
                > putting on 15 layers of clothes and going out anyway.
                >

                > ************ **Looking for a car that's sporty, fun and fits in your
                budget?
                > Read reviews on AOL Autos.
                > (http://autos. aol.com/cars- BMW-128-2008/ expert-review?
                ncid=aolaut00050000 000017 )

              • Andrew Young
                Message 7 of 24 , Apr 22, 2009
                  Hi,

                  My name is Andrew Young. I'm relatively new to geocaching, but am
                  having a great time with it. I lead a Camp Fire USA club in central
                  Austin composed of kids in the 5-7 year old range, and we go
                  geocaching on our campouts. I also plan and lead the two annual
                  campouts held by Camp Fire USA Balcones Council. The council's annual
                  Spring Campout is coming up this weekend at Pedernales Falls State
                  Park, and as part of the scheduled activities we're going to be
                  placing a new cache in the park. I already have a container, a log
                  book, a pen, and the necessary permit for placing a cache in a Texas
                  State Park. However, I don't have any of the "Official Geocache"
                  stickers for the side of the container, and I don't have time to get
                  one before this weekend. If anyone in town has one that I can
                  purchase from them, I would be greatful! If not I'll just have to
                  improvise something. :) I'll be sure to post pics of the kids working
                  on the cache and the link to the cache page once I get it up on
                  geocaching.com, in case any of you will be out at Pedernales soon.

                  Thanks,
                  Andrew Young