Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Introduction

    Message 1 of 24 , Aug 5, 2008

      Hi!

      Welcome to Geocaching from the Waterweasel (from Round Rock).  See you at a hide!

      Russ the waterweasel

      Message 2 of 24 , Aug 5, 2008
        We see you found our Kingsbury Aerodrome Cache out that way so welcome to the addiction with the rest of us. Once this heat is gone we will hopefully get back into the groove and start doing some more caching but for now the 100 plus degrees on the thermometer outside is keeping me in the air conditioning.

        Paparazzi Pete of PetenMike and Wanakenagirl

[...]

      • electric_water_boy
        Message 3 of 24 , Aug 5, 2008
          "Once this heat is gone we will hopefully get back into the groove and
          start doing some more caching but for now the 100 plus degrees on the
          thermometer outside is keeping me in the air conditioning.
          Paparazzi Pete of PetenMike and Wanakenagirl"

          That's my plan too, except I haven't stuck to the plan. I keep going
          out in the heat and working through it. Take LOTS of water and go
          through all of it.

          When it gets too cold I'll probably be saying the same junk, and then
          putting on 15 layers of clothes and going out anyway.

          Yep, I'm nuts. But at least I know it!
        • Doc
          Message 4 of 24 , Aug 5, 2008
            Yep, I got 73 over last weekend...  all day Saturday and Sunday...  just leave the A/C on max and the engine running...   mostly PnG's....

            Barry

          • jestrrrulz@aol.com
            Message 5 of 24 , Aug 5, 2008
              Ummmm where are you caching that it's that cold? It's Central Texas. Winter lasts 3 days! ha ha ha

              Message 6 of 24 , Aug 6, 2008
                I live in South Texas for a reason. Cold to me is when it gets below
                70. Freezing starts around 60.

                --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, jestrrrulz@... wrote:

                > Ummmm where are you caching that it's that cold? It's Central
                Texas. Winter
                > lasts 3 days! ha ha ha
                >

                > In a message dated 8/5/2008 11:19:37 A.M. Central Daylight Time,
                > electric_water_boy@... writes:
                >
                > When it gets too cold I'll probably be saying the same junk, and
                then
                > putting on 15 layers of clothes and going out anyway.
                >

                > **************Looking for a car that's sporty, fun and fits in your
                budget?
                > Read reviews on AOL Autos.
                > (http://autos.aol.com/cars-BMW-128-2008/expert-review?
                ncid=aolaut00050000000017 )

              • Chris, Penny, Logan, Liahm, Gabriel and P
                Message 7 of 24 , Aug 6, 2008
                  Congrats Mike on 2K! And the places you've been to find those caches is amazing!
                  Nick, I'll never forget when we first met you at Julie's 3K event and you beat me on that crazy race!  Good luck and just think of all the new caches you'll have to find!

                  Penny
                  cpnowak

                  Sent: Wednesday, August 06, 2008 9:50 AM
                  Subject: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Re: The Heat

                  I live in South Texas for a reason. Cold to me is when it gets below
                  70. Freezing starts around 60.

                  --- In CentralTexasGeocach ers@yahoogroups. com, jestrrrulz@. .. wrote:

                  > Ummmm where are you caching that it's that cold? It's Central
                  Texas. Winter
                  > lasts 3 days! ha ha ha
                  >

                  > In a message dated 8/5/2008 11:19:37 A.M. Central Daylight Time,
                  > electric_water_ boy@... writes:
                  >
                  > When it gets too cold I'll probably be saying the same junk, and
                  then
                  > putting on 15 layers of clothes and going out anyway.
                  >

                  > ************ **Looking for a car that's sporty, fun and fits in your
                  budget?
                  > Read reviews on AOL Autos.
                  > (http://autos. aol.com/cars- BMW-128-2008/ expert-review?
                  ncid=aolaut00050000 000017 )

                • Andrew Young
                  Message 8 of 24 , Apr 22, 2009
                    Hi,

                    My name is Andrew Young. I'm relatively new to geocaching, but am
                    having a great time with it. I lead a Camp Fire USA club in central
                    Austin composed of kids in the 5-7 year old range, and we go
                    geocaching on our campouts. I also plan and lead the two annual
                    campouts held by Camp Fire USA Balcones Council. The council's annual
                    Spring Campout is coming up this weekend at Pedernales Falls State
                    Park, and as part of the scheduled activities we're going to be
                    placing a new cache in the park. I already have a container, a log
                    book, a pen, and the necessary permit for placing a cache in a Texas
                    State Park. However, I don't have any of the "Official Geocache"
                    stickers for the side of the container, and I don't have time to get
                    one before this weekend. If anyone in town has one that I can
                    purchase from them, I would be greatful! If not I'll just have to
                    improvise something. :) I'll be sure to post pics of the kids working
                    on the cache and the link to the cache page once I get it up on
                    geocaching.com, in case any of you will be out at Pedernales soon.

                    Thanks,
                    Andrew Young