RE: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Challenge '09

  • Julie Perrine
    Message 1 of 14 , Aug 2, 2008

      In 1978, I was 3.  Uh HUH!

      Generally, I think the Challenge has outgrown the state park system, but Bastrop actually has quite a nice infrastructure for the event I have in mind if we can reserve both the Refrectory and the Barracks.  If we swing both those, I think we need to look for a different type of venue.

      Cheers,

      Message 2 of 14 , Aug 2, 2008
        On Sat, 2 Aug 2008 20:47:34 -0500 "Kevin (KoosKoos)"
        <centexgeocaching@...> writes:
        > I'm ready to go for the format committee...is there a site committee
        > or an official word on when we're hosting the challenge and if
        > Bastrop
        > would be an agreeable format?
        >
        > (and yes, Julie, I know we've already started talking ideas, but
        > figure I can nudge the rest of the group here)
        >
        > Kevin
        > KoosKoos
        >
        > P.S. I have a class reunion coming up next month...but not quite
        > that
        > many years...let's see, in 1978, I was....hmm, not very old. ;)

        Just shush you whippersnapper!

        Tygress, Class of '77.
        Click for FHA loan, $0 lender fees, low rates & approvals nationwide
        http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL2141/fc/Ioyw6i3mItjNi5uwazoTCSJoT5bF1sxdypm4Gj7i3SEEeIwzSmlqF0/
        Message 3 of 14 , Aug 2, 2008
          After all, they're used to being inundated with orienteering scouts......

          <mrscaptainpicard@...> wrote:
          > I have another revision of the format I want to try, and I think Bastrop is
          > the place to do it, but I'm in Michigan right now trying to figure out how
          > the other members of Dansville High School Class of 1978 got to be so much
          > older than me. Shocking!
          >

          > We need to get a committee together and get started on this!
          >
          > Cheers,
          >
          > Julie
          >
          > Mrs. Captain Picard

          Internet Security Software - Click here.

        • engelwaffen@suddenlink.net
          Message 4 of 14 , Aug 2, 2008
            Yep...I be of Tascosa High 1977.  Old enough to know better, but not old enough to go down trying.  Fifty years old isn't for a whuss.

            don / amishangel
            "the amish postman"
            <centexgeocaching@ gmail.com> writes:
            > I'm ready to go for the format committee... is there a site committee
            > or an official word on when we're hosting the challenge and if
            > Bastrop
            > would be an agreeable format?
            >
            > (and yes, Julie, I know we've already started talking ideas, but
            > figure I can nudge the rest of the group here)
            >
            > Kevin
            > KoosKoos
            >
            > P.S. I have a class reunion coming up next month...but not quite
            > that
            > many years...let' s see, in 1978, I was....hmm, not very old. ;)

            Just shush you whippersnapper!

            Tygress, Class of '77.
            Click for FHA loan, $0 lender fees, low rates & approvals nationwide
            http://thirdpartyof fers.juno. com/TGL2141/ fc/Ioyw6i3mItjNi 5uwazoTCSJoT5bF1 sxdypm4Gj7i3SEEe IwzSmlqF0/

          • Joanne Comer
            Message 5 of 14 , Aug 2, 2008
              You all are mere children!  Think Class of '45.

              Yep....I be of Tascosa High 1977.  Old enough to know better, but not old enough to go down trying.  Fifty years old isn't for a whuss.

              don / amishangel
              "the amish postman"
              On Sat, 2 Aug 2008 20:47:34 -0500 "Kevin (KoosKoos)"
              <centexgeocaching@ gmail.com> writes:
              > I'm ready to go for the format committee... is there a site committee
              > or an official word on when we're hosting the challenge and if
              > Bastrop
              > would be an agreeable format?
              >
              > (and yes, Julie, I know we've already started talking ideas, but
              > figure I can nudge the rest of the group here)
              >
              > Kevin
              > KoosKoos
              >
              > P.S. I have a class reunion coming up next month...but not quite
              > that
              > many years...let' s see, in 1978, I was....hmm, not very old. ;)

              Just shush you whippersnapper!

              Tygress, Class of '77.
              Click for FHA loan, $0 lender fees, low rates & approvals nationwide
              http://thirdpartyof fers.juno. com/TGL2141/ fc/Ioyw6i3mItjNi 5uwazoTCSJoT5bF1 sxdypm4Gj7i3SEEe IwzSmlqF0/

            • Nick Silkey
              Message 6 of 14 , Aug 2, 2008
                Wendy is Class of '99; I am Class of '00. :)

                --
                Nick
                filler & bcat

                On Sat, Aug 2, 2008 at 10:18 PM, Joanne Comer <jamico28@...> wrote:
                > You all are mere children! Think Class of '45.

              • Mark
                Message 7 of 14 , Aug 2, 2008
                  I may be on a different subject here, but I could have been that Idiot
                  if I had more time to plan since I am in Oklahoma City and I have been
                  want to come to Texas to work on the TCC and a mega run. (EMDS or the
                  series outside Avinger (75630).

                  --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "electric_water_boy"
                  <electric_water_boy@...> wrote:

                  > I would done more caching if I could have found another idiot
                  today).
                • electric_water_boy
                  Message 8 of 14 , Aug 2, 2008
                    Is there an Oklahoma Challenge? Could there be a Texas vs Oklahoma
                    Event (besides football)?

                    --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "Mark" <maxwell_q@...>
                    wrote:

                    > I may be on a different subject here, but I could have been that
                    Idiot
                    > if I had more time to plan since I am in Oklahoma City and I have
                    been
                    > want to come to Texas to work on the TCC and a mega run. (EMDS or the
                    > series outside Avinger (75630).
                    >
                    > --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "electric_water_boy"
                    > <electric_water_boy@> wrote:
                    > >
                    > > I would done more caching if I could have found another idiot
                    > today).

                  • Mark
                    Message 9 of 14 , Aug 2, 2008
                      There is a DeLorme Challenge, but that is about it. We both know that
                      OU sucks, even if they do win alot of the time. Last year when Bevo
                      died, several of the fans here had a party to celebrate his death. It
                      made open story on the local news.

                      Message 10 of 14 , Aug 2, 2008
                        It ain't the closing in on 50, it's the fact that key decision making bits of my brain think I'm still 24.
                        There is PUNISHMENT for DAYS from the parts what don't catch on in time to STOP impulse....

                        Oh well. I earned every grey hair. =g=

                        On Sat, 2 Aug 2008 21:58:37 -0500 <engelwaffen@...> writes:
                        Yep...I be of Tascosa High 1977.  Old enough to know better, but not old enough to go down trying.  Fifty years old isn't for a whuss.

                        don / amishangel
                        "the amish postman"
                        On Sat, 2 Aug 2008 20:47:34 -0500 "Kevin (KoosKoos)"
                        <centexgeocaching@ gmail.com> writes:
                        > I'm ready to go for the format committee... is there a site committee
                        > or an official word on when we're hosting the challenge and if
                        > Bastrop
                        > would be an agreeable format?
                        >
                        > (and yes, Julie, I know we've already started talking ideas, but
                        > figure I can nudge the rest of the group here)
                        >
                        > Kevin
                        > KoosKoos
                        >
                        > P.S. I have a class reunion coming up next month...but not quite
                        > that
                        > many years...let' s see, in 1978, I was....hmm, not very old. ;)

                        Just shush you whippersnapper!

                        Tygress, Class of '77.
                        Click for FHA loan, $0 lender fees, low rates & approvals nationwide
                        http://thirdpartyof fers.juno. com/TGL2141/ fc/Ioyw6i3mItjNi 5uwazoTCSJoT5bF1 sxdypm4Gj7i3SEEe IwzSmlqF0/

                        Click here to find the perfect picture with our powerful photo search features.

                        Message 11 of 14 , Aug 2, 2008
                          brag, brag, brag
                          =g=

                          On Sat, 2 Aug 2008 20:18:18 -0700 (PDT) Joanne Comer <jamico28@...> writes:
                          You all are mere children!  Think Class of '45.

                          Yep....I be of Tascosa High 1977.  Old enough to know better, but not old enough to go down trying.  Fifty years old isn't for a whuss.

                          don / amishangel
                          "the amish postman"
                          On Sat, 2 Aug 2008 20:47:34 -0500 "Kevin (KoosKoos)"
                          <centexgeocaching@ gmail.com> writes:
                          > I'm ready to go for the format committee... is there a site committee
                          > or an official word on when we're hosting the challenge and if
                          > Bastrop
                          > would be an agreeable format?
                          >
                          > (and yes, Julie, I know we've already started talking ideas, but
                          > figure I can nudge the rest of the group here)
                          >
                          > Kevin
                          > KoosKoos
                          >
                          > P.S. I have a class reunion coming up next month...but not quite
                          > that
                          > many years...let' s see, in 1978, I was....hmm, not very old. ;)

                          Just shush you whippersnapper!

                          Tygress, Class of '77.
                          Click for FHA loan, $0 lender fees, low rates & approvals nationwide
                          http://thirdpartyof fers.juno. com/TGL2141/ fc/Ioyw6i3mItjNi 5uwazoTCSJoT5bF1 sxdypm4Gj7i3SEEe IwzSmlqF0/

                          Boost your productivity with new office software. Click now!