Challenge '09

  • electric_water_boy
    Message 1 of 14 , Aug 2, 2008
      It's too hot to fish or cache (although I did grab 2 today, and I would
      have gone fishing or done more caching if I could have found another
      idiot today). And it's for sure too hot to be thinking about the
      Challenge but that's exactly what I'm thinking of right now. I just
      got through looking at some pictures and memories of how much fun I had
      and lessons learned (like get in better shape, and don't let CindyFrag
      or anyone else for that matter wear shorts).

      Anyways, I'm sure there is some behind the scenes stuff going on now
      and who ever is doing that THANK YOU because I'm really looking forward
      to going again no matter where it's at. You just can't pull off an
      event that big without a lot of help and a lot of time, so again -
      Thank you all.
    • Julie Perrine
      Message 2 of 14 , Aug 2, 2008

        I have another revision of the format I want to try, and I think Bastrop is the place to do it, but I’m in Michigan right now trying to figure out how the other members of Dansville High School Class of 1978 got to be so much older than me.  Shocking!

        We need to get a committee together and get started on this!

        Cheers,

        Message 3 of 14 , Aug 2, 2008
          I'm ready to go for the format committee...is there a site committee
          or an official word on when we're hosting the challenge and if Bastrop
          would be an agreeable format?

          (and yes, Julie, I know we've already started talking ideas, but
          figure I can nudge the rest of the group here)

          Kevin
          KoosKoos

          P.S. I have a class reunion coming up next month...but not quite that
          many years...let's see, in 1978, I was....hmm, not very old. ;)

          On Sat, Aug 2, 2008 at 8:43 PM, Julie Perrine
          <mrscaptainpicard@...> wrote:
          > I have another revision of the format I want to try, and I think Bastrop is
          > the place to do it, but I'm in Michigan right now trying to figure out how
          > the other members of Dansville High School Class of 1978 got to be so much
          > older than me. Shocking!
          >

          > We need to get a committee together and get started on this!
          >
          > Cheers,
          >
          > Julie
          >
          > Mrs. Captain Picard

        • Julie Perrine
          Message 4 of 14 , Aug 2, 2008

            In 1978, I was 3.  Uh HUH!

            Generally, I think the Challenge has outgrown the state park system, but Bastrop actually has quite a nice infrastructure for the event I have in mind if we can reserve both the Refrectory and the Barracks.  If we swing both those, I think we need to look for a different type of venue.

            Cheers,

            Message 5 of 14 , Aug 2, 2008
              On Sat, 2 Aug 2008 20:47:34 -0500 "Kevin (KoosKoos)"
              <centexgeocaching@...> writes:
              > I'm ready to go for the format committee...is there a site committee
              > or an official word on when we're hosting the challenge and if
              > Bastrop
              > would be an agreeable format?
              >
              > (and yes, Julie, I know we've already started talking ideas, but
              > figure I can nudge the rest of the group here)
              >
              > Kevin
              > KoosKoos
              >
              > P.S. I have a class reunion coming up next month...but not quite
              > that
              > many years...let's see, in 1978, I was....hmm, not very old. ;)

              Just shush you whippersnapper!

              Tygress, Class of '77.
              Click for FHA loan, $0 lender fees, low rates & approvals nationwide
              http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL2141/fc/Ioyw6i3mItjNi5uwazoTCSJoT5bF1sxdypm4Gj7i3SEEeIwzSmlqF0/
              Message 6 of 14 , Aug 2, 2008
                After all, they're used to being inundated with orienteering scouts......

                <mrscaptainpicard@...> wrote:
                > I have another revision of the format I want to try, and I think Bastrop is
                > the place to do it, but I'm in Michigan right now trying to figure out how
                > the other members of Dansville High School Class of 1978 got to be so much
                > older than me. Shocking!
                >

                > We need to get a committee together and get started on this!
                >
                > Cheers,
                >
                > Julie
                >
                > Mrs. Captain Picard

                Internet Security Software - Click here.

              • engelwaffen@suddenlink.net
                Message 7 of 14 , Aug 2, 2008
                  Yep...I be of Tascosa High 1977.  Old enough to know better, but not old enough to go down trying.  Fifty years old isn't for a whuss.

                  don / amishangel
                  "the amish postman"
                  <centexgeocaching@ gmail.com> writes:
                  > I'm ready to go for the format committee... is there a site committee
                  > or an official word on when we're hosting the challenge and if
                  > Bastrop
                  > would be an agreeable format?
                  >
                  > (and yes, Julie, I know we've already started talking ideas, but
                  > figure I can nudge the rest of the group here)
                  >
                  > Kevin
                  > KoosKoos
                  >
                  > P.S. I have a class reunion coming up next month...but not quite
                  > that
                  > many years...let' s see, in 1978, I was....hmm, not very old. ;)

                  Just shush you whippersnapper!

                  Tygress, Class of '77.
                  Click for FHA loan, $0 lender fees, low rates & approvals nationwide
                  http://thirdpartyof fers.juno. com/TGL2141/ fc/Ioyw6i3mItjNi 5uwazoTCSJoT5bF1 sxdypm4Gj7i3SEEe IwzSmlqF0/

                • Joanne Comer
                  Message 8 of 14 , Aug 2, 2008
                    You all are mere children!  Think Class of '45.

                    Yep....I be of Tascosa High 1977.  Old enough to know better, but not old enough to go down trying.  Fifty years old isn't for a whuss.

                    don / amishangel
                    "the amish postman"
                    On Sat, 2 Aug 2008 20:47:34 -0500 "Kevin (KoosKoos)"
                    <centexgeocaching@ gmail.com> writes:
                    > I'm ready to go for the format committee... is there a site committee
                    > or an official word on when we're hosting the challenge and if
                    > Bastrop
                    > would be an agreeable format?
                    >
                    > (and yes, Julie, I know we've already started talking ideas, but
                    > figure I can nudge the rest of the group here)
                    >
                    > Kevin
                    > KoosKoos
                    >
                    > P.S. I have a class reunion coming up next month...but not quite
                    > that
                    > many years...let' s see, in 1978, I was....hmm, not very old. ;)

                    Just shush you whippersnapper!

                    Tygress, Class of '77.
                    Click for FHA loan, $0 lender fees, low rates & approvals nationwide
                    http://thirdpartyof fers.juno. com/TGL2141/ fc/Ioyw6i3mItjNi 5uwazoTCSJoT5bF1 sxdypm4Gj7i3SEEe IwzSmlqF0/

                  • Nick Silkey
                    Message 9 of 14 , Aug 2, 2008
                      Wendy is Class of '99; I am Class of '00. :)

                      --
                      Nick
                      filler & bcat

                      On Sat, Aug 2, 2008 at 10:18 PM, Joanne Comer <jamico28@...> wrote:
                      > You all are mere children! Think Class of '45.

                    • Mark
                      Message 10 of 14 , Aug 2, 2008
                        I may be on a different subject here, but I could have been that Idiot
                        if I had more time to plan since I am in Oklahoma City and I have been
                        want to come to Texas to work on the TCC and a mega run. (EMDS or the
                        series outside Avinger (75630).

                        --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "electric_water_boy"
                        <electric_water_boy@...> wrote:

                        > I would done more caching if I could have found another idiot
                        today).
                      • electric_water_boy
                        Message 11 of 14 , Aug 2, 2008
                          Is there an Oklahoma Challenge? Could there be a Texas vs Oklahoma
                          Event (besides football)?

                          --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "Mark" <maxwell_q@...>
                          wrote:

                          > I may be on a different subject here, but I could have been that
                          Idiot
                          > if I had more time to plan since I am in Oklahoma City and I have
                          been
                          > want to come to Texas to work on the TCC and a mega run. (EMDS or the
                          > series outside Avinger (75630).
                          >
                          > --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "electric_water_boy"
                          > <electric_water_boy@> wrote:
                          > >
                          > > I would done more caching if I could have found another idiot
                          > today).

                        • Mark
                          Message 12 of 14 , Aug 2, 2008
                            There is a DeLorme Challenge, but that is about it. We both know that
                            OU sucks, even if they do win alot of the time. Last year when Bevo
                            died, several of the fans here had a party to celebrate his death. It
                            made open story on the local news.

                            Message 13 of 14 , Aug 2, 2008
                              It ain't the closing in on 50, it's the fact that key decision making bits of my brain think I'm still 24.
                              There is PUNISHMENT for DAYS from the parts what don't catch on in time to STOP impulse....

                              Oh well. I earned every grey hair. =g=

                              On Sat, 2 Aug 2008 21:58:37 -0500 <engelwaffen@...> writes:
                              Yep...I be of Tascosa High 1977.  Old enough to know better, but not old enough to go down trying.  Fifty years old isn't for a whuss.

                              don / amishangel
                              "the amish postman"
                              On Sat, 2 Aug 2008 20:47:34 -0500 "Kevin (KoosKoos)"
                              <centexgeocaching@ gmail.com> writes:
                              > I'm ready to go for the format committee... is there a site committee
                              > or an official word on when we're hosting the challenge and if
                              > Bastrop
                              > would be an agreeable format?
                              >
                              > (and yes, Julie, I know we've already started talking ideas, but
                              > figure I can nudge the rest of the group here)
                              >
                              > Kevin
                              > KoosKoos
                              >
                              > P.S. I have a class reunion coming up next month...but not quite
                              > that
                              > many years...let' s see, in 1978, I was....hmm, not very old. ;)

                              Just shush you whippersnapper!

                              Tygress, Class of '77.
                              Click for FHA loan, $0 lender fees, low rates & approvals nationwide
                              http://thirdpartyof fers.juno. com/TGL2141/ fc/Ioyw6i3mItjNi 5uwazoTCSJoT5bF1 sxdypm4Gj7i3SEEe IwzSmlqF0/

                              Click here to find the perfect picture with our powerful photo search features.

                              Message 14 of 14 , Aug 2, 2008
                                brag, brag, brag
                                =g=

                                On Sat, 2 Aug 2008 20:18:18 -0700 (PDT) Joanne Comer <jamico28@...> writes:
                                You all are mere children!  Think Class of '45.

                                Yep....I be of Tascosa High 1977.  Old enough to know better, but not old enough to go down trying.  Fifty years old isn't for a whuss.

                                don / amishangel
                                "the amish postman"
                                On Sat, 2 Aug 2008 20:47:34 -0500 "Kevin (KoosKoos)"
                                <centexgeocaching@ gmail.com> writes:
                                > I'm ready to go for the format committee... is there a site committee
                                > or an official word on when we're hosting the challenge and if
                                > Bastrop
                                > would be an agreeable format?
                                >
                                > (and yes, Julie, I know we've already started talking ideas, but
                                > figure I can nudge the rest of the group here)
                                >
                                > Kevin
                                > KoosKoos
                                >
                                > P.S. I have a class reunion coming up next month...but not quite
                                > that
                                > many years...let' s see, in 1978, I was....hmm, not very old. ;)

                                Just shush you whippersnapper!

                                Tygress, Class of '77.
                                Click for FHA loan, $0 lender fees, low rates & approvals nationwide
                                http://thirdpartyof fers.juno. com/TGL2141/ fc/Ioyw6i3mItjNi 5uwazoTCSJoT5bF1 sxdypm4Gj7i3SEEe IwzSmlqF0/

                                Boost your productivity with new office software. Click now!