Re: Coordinates

  • texaspostman1960
    Message 1 of 13 , Jul 28 4:46 PM
      thanks y'all..I had a feeling you guys could get me goin in the right
      direction..I have 3 of 4 of the coordinates, the one in germany being
      alittle difficult to locate, but I'll get it..again thanks to everyone
      that replied..when the balloon goes up and the world ends, I wanna hang
      out with y'all!!
      Thank You!!
      Keith
      BigDogg4

      --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "texaspostman1960"
      <kmillard@...> wrote:

      > hey all, I know this will sound alittle weird, but I'm still gonna
      ask.
      > I'm wondering if there is a way to get a set of coords without
      actually
      > being at the site. I'm looking for three sets of coordinates for the
      > hospitals where my kids came into this world, I want to try and
      > incorperate them into a tattoo I'm working on. One in Chicago, one
      for
      > the military hospital in Heidelberg, Germany and the one for the Army
      > Hospital on Fort Hood here in Texas. I thought Google Earth had that
      > capability but if it does I can't figure it out. Any assistance y'all
      > can throw my way will be greatly appreciated..THANKS CENTEX!!
      >
      > Keith
      > BigDogg4

    • Charles McMaster
      Message 2 of 13 , Jul 28 5:44 PM

        Keith,

        Here’s how I found the 130th Station Hospital in Heidelberg, by driving it … I spent some time there in days gone by.

        Search for Campbell Barracks, Heidelberg Germany.

        Go south - down either Romerstrasse or Karlsruher Strasse (same road) until you come to the area that is bounded by the cross streets on north by Ortenauer /  Freiburger Strasse on the south.

        Look for the helipad.

        Charlie McMaster

        McMasterc

        <kmillard@...> wrote:

        > hey all, I know this will sound alittle weird, but I'm still gonna
        ask.
        > I'm wondering if there is a way to get a set of coords without
        actually
        > being at the site. I'm looking for three sets of coordinates for the
        > hospitals where my kids came into this world, I want to try and
        > incorperate them into a tattoo I'm working on. One in Chicago, one
        for
        > the military hospital in Heidelberg, Germany and the one for the Army
        > Hospital on Fort Hood here in Texas. I thought Google Earth had that
        > capability but if it does I can't figure it out. Any assistance y'all
        > can throw my way will be greatly appreciated..THANKS CENTEX!!
        >
        > Keith
        > BigDogg4

      • Keith
        Message 3 of 13 , Jul 28 6:49 PM
          Charlie,

          I did the same. Yahoo couldn't zoom in far enough to be able to locate buildings, so I went with Google for the last one and found it..right where it was the last time I was there..11 years ago now...thanks Charlie..I appreciate your input..

          Keith
          BigDogg4

          Message 4 of 13 , Jul 29 7:04 AM
            Google Earth . . .