Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Equipment suggestions for nightcaching requested

  • Mark Gessner
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 29, 2003
      On Wednesday, October 29, 2003, at 10:08 PM, Scott & Charlotte wrote:

      > Wine and glasses (if you go with Big Mo)

      Don't forget the hummus...

      New lowracer night cache coming online soon. Get out yer hiking
      boots, headlamps, and spare batteries. It's a doozy.
    • Scott & Charlotte
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 29, 2003
        Sorry, that should have formatted more like this:

        Night Caching backpack:

        Clear protective lenses are a MUST, wrap-arounds are better than open ended
        lenses to keep the branches from poking in from an angle.

        A short throw, focusing beam low power flashlight with spare bulb and
        batteries (like a mini-maglight); a wrist strap is nice

        A long throw, focusing beam high power flashlight to bring day to night
        (with extra bulb and batteries too like at 3 C cell maglight)

        A headlamp

        Hat (to keep sticks out of your hair)

        Bug spray

        First aid kit

        Cell phone

        FRS radios

        Light sticks

        Wine and glasses (if you go with Big Mo)

        ...and the usual array of snacks, drink, GPS tools and cache shwag

        Scott Robuck
        Team GeoDillo
        N 30° 12.4'
        W 97° 50.4'

        "They call 'em fingers, but I've never see 'em fing."
        -- Otto the Busdriver