Mrs. Captain Picard featured on PodCacher

  • BlazerMan
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 7, 2008
      Hey gang! Go check out show 173 for a motivating interview with our
      own Mrs. Captain Picard!

      http://www.podcacher.com/?p=542

      There's a whole world of caching friends out there!

      -- BlazerMan
    • Deafdillos
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 7, 2008
        It would be great to have a text transcript of MCP interview. Would anyone be willing to transcribe the interview? It would be great!

        Richard and Natalie
        Deafdillos

        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 7, 2008
          Sure! I'll work on the transcript tonight after the kids go to bed.

          -- BlazerMan

          --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "Deafdillos"
          <deafdillos@...> wrote:

          > It would be great to have a text transcript of MCP interview.
          Would anyone be willing to transcribe the interview? It would be
          great!

          > Richard and Natalie
          > Deafdillos

        • Julie Perrine
          Message 4 of 7 , Jul 7, 2008

            Hey Richard, I could come and “re-enact it” through interpretive dance or something equally as useless.  Sounds like Steve has you covered, though!

            I didn’t know I was going to be interviewed that night!  Acclanman, GrnBeret2B and I had been caching in San Antonio all day, and I just happened to decide to take a sink bath at the Alamo before the flash mob.  I actually HAD MY FEET in the sink to get the dirt off.  (Sorry for all the disgusting details.)  And then I splashed enough water over me to dissolve the crust I was sporting, and put on a little makeup.  Good thing, because Steve took a picture of me talking to Sonny that’s now on his website.  I can’t even imagine what I looked like BEFORE the sink bath!  Note the baseball cap and the crispy hair.  Whenever the baseball cap is on, the hair is a lost cause!

            Once again, it’s no surprise I’m single, is it!  LOL!

            Cheers,

            Julie

            Message 5 of 7 , Jul 9, 2008

              Very cool...  motivated me to learn about subscribing to podcasts on my Zune.  Now every time I connect my Zune to my PC, it will get the latest Podcacher podcast automatically!

              Good interview Julie!  Way to represent!

              Barry  aka Doc Geo

              "May your spirit soar gracefully on the whispering breeze.
              May your joy run strong as the deepest sea`s.
              May your soul reach out to embrace the sky.
              May your heart guide you truly as the years go by."

              Message 6 of 7 , Jul 9, 2008

                Thanks, Barry!  It’s easy to be an ambassador for Central Texas Geocachers because this is one of the best groups to cache with EVER.

                A couple of us in Austin have been working with a gal from New Hampshire who is writing a book on the Secrets of Geocaching.  She’s been interviewing the top 50 cachers, 4 of whom are right here in Austin, and she’s found that we’re different here and the way we band together as a group and hold events is different here.  She’s so intrigued that she and her husband are thinking about taking a trip down to cache with us and meet you all at an event.  That says a lot about Central Texas!

                Cheers,

                Julie

                Message 7 of 7 , Jul 9, 2008
                  Huh. Sounds like you look like a caching 'catch' to me!
                  Not one of them froufrou girls.

                  Tygress (who almost always has some hat hair going -- and has washed her feet in more 'n a few sinks....)