Re: Tygress and Waterweasel are back

  • electric_water_boy
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 6, 2008
      Don't look as DNF's as failures, but opportunities for improvement and
      the chance to visit a place again (and in my case sometimes again and
      again and ...)

      --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, Russ Jernigan
      <waterweasel@...> wrote:

      > Just a quick note to say that Tygress and Waterweasel are back (what,
      you didn't miss us? <G>) from Northern California. Picked up 4 more
      earthcaches, among a bunch of others. Also a string of DNFs . . . :-<

      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 6, 2008
        Ah, but travelling DNFs, 1600 miles from home, are a different matter.
        Especially when it seemed that this guy's caches had undergone some
        systematic muggling.
        Very frustrating.

        Don't mind (too much) being foxed by a good hide. VERY much mind a cache
        that just ain't there (especially when there are other DNFs in the queue
        .... the responsibilities of cache maintenance, when gas is $4.65 a
        gallon.....). [A couple of these we KNOW aren't there, because Russ had
        found them on a previous trip.]

        OTOH, it's just a blue smiley ... and Tygresses can sing the blues.

        On Sun, 06 Jul 2008 17:40:45 -0000 "electric_water_boy"
        <electric_water_boy@...> writes:
        > Don't look as DNF's as failures, but opportunities for improvement
        > and
        > the chance to visit a place again (and in my case sometimes again
        > and
        > again and ...)
        >
        > --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, Russ Jernigan
        > <waterweasel@...> wrote:
        > >
        > > Just a quick note to say that Tygress and Waterweasel are back
        > (what,
        > you didn't miss us? <G>) from Northern California. Picked up 4 more
        >
        > earthcaches, among a bunch of others. Also a string of DNFs . . .
        > :-<
        > >
        > > Russ the waterweasel

        Free information - Scholarships for college, university or tech school. Click now!
        http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL2141/fc/Ioyw6i3l9RWHVcbseteOdHOXU4vwgQjvMUBDyEMwMlJjY3P3AOjxUm/