Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] To Update Coords Or To Archive

    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 3, 2008

      My $0.02 is that if you move the cache more than maybe 100 feet or so and particularly if it is a different type of container, than it should be a new hide.

      Russ the waterweasel

      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 5, 2008
        You'll get more visitors if you archive the first and launch a 2nd ...
        then all of us old finders will come back.
        That's what I'd probably do -- 600 feet is over a tenth of a mile, after
        all.

        On Thu, 03 Jul 2008 17:46:13 -0000 "Mark" <bewareofpenguin@...>
        writes:
        > I have a question to which I'm sure there is no right or wrong
        > answer,
        > but I'd like to get opinions on it. I have a cache that was
        > originally set near a large rock pile. It wasn't actually in the
        > rock
        > pile, but it was close and the rock pile being there was crucial to
        > the novelty of the cache. The rock pile has been removed and now
        > I'm
        > left with a rather lame cache. I'm not satisfied with the way it
        > now
        > is. However, there is a spot in the immediate area in which I
        > would
        > like to place the cache. It allows more flexibility as far as
        > container size and camouflaging is concerned. I'm looking to
        > upgrade
        > this cache from a micro to a small container, big enough to
        > accommodate swaggables.
        >
        > The current location and the perspective location are roughly 500 -
        > 600 feet apart. So my question is this: would it be a better idea
        > move the cache and update the coordinates, or to archive the old
        > cache
        > and publish a new one in the new location?
        >
        > Any input is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
        > Have a great day and Happy Caching!
        >
        > Mark
        > (BoP)

        Enter for Your Chance to WIN*
        The TotalBeauty.com Summer Spa Sweepstakes!
        http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL2141/fc/JKFkuJi7UfiF3lIBPTeGvjEuvauFCeBVf9OPAyiJABvf9hQjpexiJc/