Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] My weekend getaway....

  • Barry Watson
    Message 1 of 19 , Jun 5, 2008
      uummm....
      I just finished inputting all of my receipts for the month of May into Microsoft Money.

      Eastern Texas County run:
      38 counties
      2 nights motel - $131.04
      5 gas fill ups - $196.79
      Food - 40.10
      ATM - $100
      Rental Car - $137.46
      Total Run: $605.39

      "Final Run" (southern panhandle, El Paso and southwestern)
      51 counties
      2 nights camping - $33
      2 nights motel - $155.78
      9 gas fill ups - $376.66
      Food - $36.99
      ATM - $100
      Rental Car - $161.77
      Total Run: $864.2

      Total cost to finish the TCC in May: $1469.59
      (OMG!!! No wonder my Economic Stimulus Check wasn't enough to keep me from emptying my checking account...)

      Knowing I don't "have to" do any more counties:
      Priceless....

      Barry
      aka Doc Geo

      Message 2 of 19 , Jun 6, 2008

        Imagine what it would have been if you’d have driven your own truck!    And you likely underestimated food costs because if that’s all you spent, then you had a full cooler when you left home and that cost something.

        But $1469 is a lot less than some families spend on a single short vacation, and you accomplished a huge goal and had and interesting and fun (I hope) month!

        Cheers,

        Message 3 of 19 , Jun 6, 2008
          OUCH!!! Thats a bit rich for my blood and my pocketbook. Since I am watching my retirement disentegrate with the price of fuel - I stay at home a lot more these days.

          Paparazzi Pete