Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] connecticut

  • Joe King
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 5, 2008
      hey jana,

      I just got home and took a quick look at the event. I was hoping one would come to Texas, Since I believe that not only does it look interesting but you get a special icon for attending.

      Just quickly as it is now with an open date and nothing set I interested. I"m pretty much open on any date so mainly it would depend on how much the air fare is and if you are planning on spending a extra day or two caching in the area. Hate to go all the way up there and not get a few more finds. Plus July or August in Ct. would have to be more comfortable then here.

      Long story short, YES I could be interested in going

      joeking/Ken

      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 6, 2008
        Shoot - it's outside Bridgeport, Conn. I am leaving for Maine tomorrow & if it were in Boston, I could hop on a train & be there in 2 hours. But Bridgeport is almost to NYC - 7 or 8 hours drive. Don't think the relatives will let me disappear for 2 days.

        If you're planning on going, buy your flights ASAP. They are going up every single day (by $20 - $40) because of jet fuel costs. I looked at flights late one thursday night & booked early Friday morning & the cheapest fare I could get had gone up by $40 in less than 6 hours.

        Orbitz has a great thing where you can pick the length of your stay (for example 2-4 days) & then see all the fares for a 30 day period. So, if you have flexibility on when you can go,  it's easy to see when the cheapest fares are.

        Have fun - it looks really cool. How do we get it to come to Texas?

        Mary Beth
        (emmy-n-sapphie)

        Cybercat <cybercat@...> wrote:

        I just became aware of this----anybody planning to go?  If I could get a partner, I sure would like to attend ! Fly, then split expenses on a rental car , gas and hotel......
        I could go in July or August.....
        If you might be interested, please email me
        Jana

      • Cybercat
        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 6, 2008
          I checked Hotwire and saw a flight, 7 night hotel at Holiday Inn and 7 day rental car for $647---not too shabby!!

          Cybercat <cybercat@gvtc. com> wrote:

          I just became aware of this----anybody planning to go?  If I could get a partner, I sure would like to attend ! Fly, then split expenses on a rental car , gas and hotel......
          I could go in July or August.....
          If you might be interested, please email me
          Jana

          Checked by AVG.
        • Kevin (KoosKoos)
          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 6, 2008
            It's definitely marked for my next extended trip to the home office in NYC.  Now how to convince my wife that I need to stay to a Saturday to run grab this or my boss that they can pick up my hotel tab for an extra day when I won't be coming into the office. ;)

            Kevin
            KoosKoos

            Message 5 of 7 , Jun 6, 2008
              That's a great price - you'd better book it.
              MB

              Message 6 of 7 , Jun 6, 2008
                better yet go to the link page and lets request in come to us as a future site. Austin or San Antonio could keep it in Central Texas. Something like the request sent out for the geocaching movie.