connecticut

  • Cybercat
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 5, 2008

      I just became aware of this----anybody planning to go?  If I could get a partner, I sure would like to attend ! Fly, then split expenses on a rental car , gas and hotel......
      I could go in July or August.....
      If you might be interested, please email me
      Jana
    • Joe King
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 5, 2008
        hey jana,

        I just got home and took a quick look at the event. I was hoping one would come to Texas, Since I believe that not only does it look interesting but you get a special icon for attending.

        Just quickly as it is now with an open date and nothing set I interested. I"m pretty much open on any date so mainly it would depend on how much the air fare is and if you are planning on spending a extra day or two caching in the area. Hate to go all the way up there and not get a few more finds. Plus July or August in Ct. would have to be more comfortable then here.

        Long story short, YES I could be interested in going

        joeking/Ken

        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 6, 2008
          Shoot - it's outside Bridgeport, Conn. I am leaving for Maine tomorrow & if it were in Boston, I could hop on a train & be there in 2 hours. But Bridgeport is almost to NYC - 7 or 8 hours drive. Don't think the relatives will let me disappear for 2 days.

          If you're planning on going, buy your flights ASAP. They are going up every single day (by $20 - $40) because of jet fuel costs. I looked at flights late one thursday night & booked early Friday morning & the cheapest fare I could get had gone up by $40 in less than 6 hours.

          Orbitz has a great thing where you can pick the length of your stay (for example 2-4 days) & then see all the fares for a 30 day period. So, if you have flexibility on when you can go,  it's easy to see when the cheapest fares are.

          Have fun - it looks really cool. How do we get it to come to Texas?

          Mary Beth
          (emmy-n-sapphie)

          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 6, 2008
            I checked Hotwire and saw a flight, 7 night hotel at Holiday Inn and 7 day rental car for $647---not too shabby!!

            Cybercat <cybercat@gvtc. com> wrote:

            I just became aware of this----anybody planning to go?  If I could get a partner, I sure would like to attend ! Fly, then split expenses on a rental car , gas and hotel......
            I could go in July or August.....
            If you might be interested, please email me
            Jana

            Checked by AVG.
          • Kevin (KoosKoos)
            Message 5 of 7 , Jun 6, 2008
              It's definitely marked for my next extended trip to the home office in NYC.  Now how to convince my wife that I need to stay to a Saturday to run grab this or my boss that they can pick up my hotel tab for an extra day when I won't be coming into the office. ;)

              Kevin
              KoosKoos

              Message 6 of 7 , Jun 6, 2008
                That's a great price - you'd better book it.
                MB

                Message 7 of 7 , Jun 6, 2008
                  better yet go to the link page and lets request in come to us as a future site. Austin or San Antonio could keep it in Central Texas. Something like the request sent out for the geocaching movie.