Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Mass Transit Caching -or- The Big Car Pool

  • Cybercat
    Message 1 of 27 , Jun 2 7:39 PM
      I'M IN!!!!
      ----- Original Message -----
      Sent: Monday, June 02, 2008 8:50 PM
      Subject: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Mass Transit Caching -or- The Big Car Pool

      Gang,

      I’ve got this crazy idea and I need some feedback!  How many of you would pay $20 or so to go on a wild geocaching trip around town  on a party bus?

      Wouldn’t it be EVEN MORE FUN if the party bus was named Vegas and was decorated with crushed velvet and shag carpeting and we had yummy snacks and drinks?

      I’ve always had this idea about caching in a limousine, but it was really expensive and there were hourly minimums, but I found this crazy bus………..It seats 24.   Are there 24 people out there who want to do something totally different?

      Raise your electronic hand!

      Cheers,

      Checked by AVG.
    • Cybercat
      Message 2 of 27 , Jun 2 7:44 PM
        OK, I will be on vacation from June 18-28. You can do the bus tour before or after those dates.........please??????
        Sounds like the event of the year!!!

        Message 3 of 27 , Jun 2 7:46 PM

          No thoughts on a date yet, I’m just gauging interest.

          Also, I doubt that I can have an event and limit it to 24 people.  Maybe the event would be the bon voyage bus-loading event and everybody who wasn’t going could throw confetti, wave, cheer, etc.  Also, no reason we can’t park the bus for the first half hour and have an “open bus”.

          The most important consideration is getting commitments in advance for the 24 people.  My unemployment check won’t cover no-shows!

          Cheers,

          Message 4 of 27 , Jun 2 7:48 PM

            I'm in if the date fits!

            Barbara (GiGi and JoJo)

            On Mon, 2 Jun 2008 20:50:00 -0500 "Julie Perrine" <mrscaptainpicard@ gmail.com> writes:

            Gang,

            I’ve got this crazy idea and I need some feedback!  How many of you would pay $20 or so to go on a wild geocaching trip around town  on a party bus?

            Wouldn’t it be EVEN MORE FUN if the party bus was named Vegas and was decorated with crushed velvet and shag carpeting and we had yummy snacks and drinks?

            I’ve always had this idea about caching in a limousine, but it was really expensive and there were hourly minimums, but I found this crazy bus………..It seats 24.   Are there 24 people out there who want to do something totally different?

            Raise your electronic hand!

            Cheers,

            @,.-:*'``'*: -.,@,.-:* '``'*:-., @

          • Nancy Lee
            Message 5 of 27 , Jun 2 7:55 PM

              I'm in.

              Nancy(nanblocker)

              Message 6 of 27 , Jun 2 8:19 PM

                I’m in as long as it is June or August.  July is packed full already.

                Melanie

                (ACCLanMan)

                Message 7 of 27 , Jun 2 8:29 PM
                  Depending on date, I'm definitely in + 1.

                  - d.

                  --
                  Dominic J. Eidson
                  "Baruk Khazad! Khazad ai-menu!" - Gimli
                  Message 8 of 27 , Jun 2 8:56 PM
                    Might as well say I'm in too. She's going to twist my arm and make
                    me drive anyway so I might as well volunteer.

                    Like everyone else, it depends on the dates.

                    --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "Cybercat"
                    <cybercat@...> wrote:

                    > OK, I will be on vacation from June 18-28. You can do the bus tour
                    before or after those dates.........please??????
                    > Sounds like the event of the year!!!
                    The Big Car Pool

                    Date: 6/2/2008 7:02 PM

                    6/2/2008 7:02 PM

                  • Joe King

                        Message 11 of 27 , Jun 3 6:02 AM

                          We might be interested . . .

                          Russ the waterweasel

                          Message 12 of 27 , Jun 3 6:12 AM
                            I think it sounds like great fun. If the date works
                            for me, I'll be there - motx

                            --- Julie Perrine <mrscaptainpicard@...> wrote:

                            > Gang,
                            >
                            > I've got this crazy idea and I need some feedback!
                            > How many of you would
                            > pay $20 or so to go on a wild geocaching trip around
                            > town on a party bus?
                            >

                            > Wouldn't it be EVEN MORE FUN if the party bus was
                            > named Vegas and was
                            > decorated with crushed velvet and shag carpeting and
                            > we had yummy snacks and
                            > drinks?
                            >

                            > I've always had this idea about caching in a
                            > limousine, but it was really
                            > expensive and there were hourly minimums, but I
                            > found this crazy bus.....It
                            > seats 24. Are there 24 people out there who want
                            > to do something totally
                            > different?
                            >

                            > Raise your electronic hand!
                            >
                            > Cheers,
                            >
                            > Julie
                            >
                            > Mrs. Captain Picard

                          • Julie Perrine
                            Message 13 of 27 , Jun 3 6:15 AM

                              Let’s just say that if it isn’t, the event would probably happen in November.

                              Julie

                              That sounds awesome!!  If we were free, we'd be on that bus!  It is air conditioned, isn't it?

                              Pam/pblt

                              Message 14 of 27 , Jun 3 11:34 AM
                                I would love to go, and I have 2 extras that would also.
                                -Kelly Bell

                                <mrscaptainpicard@...> wrote:

                                > Let's just say that if it isn't, the event would probably happen in
                                > November.
                                >
                                > Julie

                                Tobias
                                > Sent: Monday, June 02, 2008 9:39 PM
                                > To: CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com
                                > Subject: Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Mass Transit Caching -or- The
                                Big Car
                                > Pool
                                >

                                > That sounds awesome!! If we were free, we'd be on that bus! It is
                                air
                                > conditioned, isn't it?
                                >

                                > Pam/pblt

                              • torgny stadler
                                Message 15 of 27 , Jun 3 1:05 PM

                                  Julie,

                                  if it's on 6/14, 6/15, 6/21 or 6/22 I'll be there.

                                  FG1 (Alicia) and FG2 (Vicki) will be out of the country for a while, leaving me at home to keep the cat company...

                                  FG3 (Torgny)

                                  Message 16 of 27 , Jun 3 1:26 PM

                                    Just so everyone understands, there is no date set yet.  I am simply trying to decide if there are enough people interested to allow me to cover the cost.  Seems like there is as I have almost 24 people on my list already.  The next step will be to see when the bus is available and what fits my schedule.  It most definitely will not be within the two week event planning window, and I don’t anticipate it would happen before sometime in July.  Sorry, but I won’t be able to plan a date that EVERY SINGLE PERSON who’s expressed interest will like, so I’ll just post it and see who’s available.  I can imagine that I will ask that payment be made in advance because we’ll want to know we can pay for the bus.  There might be a waiting list just in case of cancellations.

                                    I may also put out a call for caches to be placed at specific locations that are “bus friendly”, but please wait until I figure out where we should go first.

                                    Stay tuned!

                                    Message 17 of 27 , Jun 3 6:25 PM
                                      'sall right ... do what you can....

                                      Message 18 of 27 , Jun 3 6:33 PM
                                        Julie ... you should also look at the geotrucker's website (http://www.geotruckers.com/) ... this is a group of cachers that cache either in big trucks or big rvs ... their site a bunch of information about caches that are friendly to these big vehicles ... and thus for a bus too ;-D
                                        Though I'm not sure you haven't already found them all ...
                                        -Maria

                                        Message 19 of 27 , Jun 3 6:39 PM
                                          Since there is no fixed date yet, count me in if I happen to be in town, I think I will be in Austin the week of 6/22. Hell it might even be worth flying there for it.

                                          bobchernow (still a centex at heart)

                                          --- In CentralTexasGeocach ers@yahoogroups. com, "Julie Perrine"
                                          <mrscaptainpicard@ ...> wrote:

                                          > Let's just say that if it isn't, the event would probably happen in
                                          > November.
                                          >
                                          > Julie

                                        • Julie Perrine
                                          Message 20 of 27 , Jun 3 7:40 PM

                                            The plan would be to map out the route specifically FOR the bus and get new caches placed in anticipation of the event.  Yes, I want to find caches, too!

                                            Message 21 of 27 , Jun 6 4:04 PM
                                              If it's on a weekend you can count on my wife (morgenrooddraak) Joan and myself (bloedrooddraak) Robert