Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] It is time to nominate your favorite cache for the 2007 awards!!

  • Barbara Dukette
    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 1, 2008

      Thanks for setting this up, Arnaud!

      I wish there were an easy way to figure out which of those out-of-town caches I enjoyed fall into an appropriate county.

      I posted my nominations, and can't wait for the final votes!

      Thanks again for all the hard work.

      Barbara (GiGi and JoJo)

      Message 2 of 9 , Jun 1, 2008
        Barbara,

        Google Earth shows the county boundaries if you select it in the Borders
        and Layers section. This is the tool I use.

        Arnaud.

        --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, Barbara Dukette
        <bjdukette@...> wrote:

        > Thanks for setting this up, Arnaud!
        >
        > I wish there were an easy way to figure out which of those out-of-town
        caches I enjoyed fall into an appropriate county.

        > I posted my nominations, and can't wait for the final votes!
        >
        > Thanks again for all the hard work.
        >
        > Barbara (GiGi and JoJo)

      • Kevin (KoosKoos)
        Message 3 of 9 , Jun 1, 2008
          I like the handy-dandy GSAK macro that labels all of the counties.  I use it to keep track of my very slow progress on the Texas County Challenge.

          Kevin
          KoosKoos

          <bjdukette@...> wrote:

          > Thanks for setting this up, Arnaud!
          > &nbsp;

          > I wish there were an easy way to figure out which of those out-of-town
          caches I enjoyed fall into an appropriate county.
          > &nbsp;

          > I posted my nominations, and can't wait for the final votes!
          > &nbsp;

          > Thanks again for all the hard work.
          > &nbsp;
          > Barbara (GiGi and JoJo)

        • Barry Watson
          Message 4 of 9 , Jun 1, 2008
            so does maps.yahoo.com (if you're at the right zoom level),
            but not sure how you would get your geocaches on the map
            like you could in Google Earth....
            Barry
            aka Doc Geo

            <bjdukette@. ..> wrote:

            > Thanks for setting this up, Arnaud!
            > &nbsp;
            > I wish there were an easy way to figure out which of those out-of-town
            caches I enjoyed fall into an appropriate county.
            > &nbsp;
            > I posted my nominations, and can't wait for the final votes!
            > &nbsp;
            > Thanks again for all the hard work.
            > &nbsp;
            > Barbara (GiGi and JoJo)

          • Barbara Dukette
            Message 5 of 9 , Jun 1, 2008

              Thanks, Kevin.  I remember this macro haunting me from before.  I downloaded the newest from the link you sent, and it adds a very nice "user data 2" column.  Is there a previous macro I should down load and install first?  I desperately need another Geek fest!!!

              Barbara

              <bjdukette@.. .> wrote:

              > Thanks for setting this up, Arnaud!
              > &nbsp;

              > I wish there were an easy way to figure out which of those out-of-town
              caches I enjoyed fall into an appropriate county.
              > &nbsp;

              > I posted my nominations, and can't wait for the final votes!
              > &nbsp;

              > Thanks again for all the hard work.
              > &nbsp;
              > Barbara (GiGi and JoJo)

            • Pam Tobias
              Message 6 of 9 , Jun 2, 2008
                Is it only open to caches placed in 2007?  Or placed since 2007?  In other words, do we rule out caches placed in the first half of 2008?

                Pam/pblt

                Message 7 of 9 , Jun 2, 2008
                  It is only open to caches placed in 2007. Caches placed in 2008 will
                  be eligible next year.

                  Arnaud (SoaringEagle)

                  --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "Pam Tobias" <pblt@...>