Re: It is time to nominate your favorite cache for the 2007 awards!!

  • thayeranne
    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 1, 2008
      Wheee! I thought. How much fun to nominate all the caches that I
      LOVED last year. So I looked back over my 2007 list and relived so
      many fun adventures that it was actually quite HARD to narrow down
      my picks. Glad I can nominate more than one cache in several of
      those categories! Heh heh. And sorry that I cannot nominate a few
      like "It's a Shaw Thing" and "Julie's Cache" because they have been
      archived. Can't wait to see all the nominees come July.

      Thanks for setting this up, Soaring Eagle!

      Totavi (Anne)

      --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "SoaringEagle"
      <arnaud@...> wrote:

      > Based on the overwhelming feedback :-) from my posting a couple of
      > weeks ago, I have setup a page to take your nominations for the
      2007
      > CenTex Geocaching awards:
      > http://www.matfam.com/GeocachingAwards
      >
      > I encourage everybody to participate. The more coverage we have
      from
      > all areas of Central Texas, the better. There are many categories,
      > but you don't have to nominate caches for all categories. You can
      > submit a few nominations, then come back later and submit more.
      > Nominations are open until the end of June. We will move on to the
      > voting in July.
      >
      > Enjoy a trip back through the list of caches that you have found in
      > the last year or so. Double check which ones were placed in 2007,
      and
      > nominate the ones that stand out!
      >
      > Details about the rules are posted on the web site.
      >
      > Nominate on!
      >
      > Arnaud (SoaringEagle)

    • Barbara Dukette
      Message 2 of 9 , Jun 1, 2008

        Thanks for setting this up, Arnaud!

        I wish there were an easy way to figure out which of those out-of-town caches I enjoyed fall into an appropriate county.

        I posted my nominations, and can't wait for the final votes!

        Thanks again for all the hard work.

        Barbara (GiGi and JoJo)

        Message 3 of 9 , Jun 1, 2008
          Barbara,

          Google Earth shows the county boundaries if you select it in the Borders
          and Layers section. This is the tool I use.

          Arnaud.

          --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, Barbara Dukette
          <bjdukette@...> wrote:

          > Thanks for setting this up, Arnaud!
          >
          > I wish there were an easy way to figure out which of those out-of-town
          caches I enjoyed fall into an appropriate county.

          > I posted my nominations, and can't wait for the final votes!
          >
          > Thanks again for all the hard work.
          >
          > Barbara (GiGi and JoJo)

        • Kevin (KoosKoos)
          Message 4 of 9 , Jun 1, 2008
            I like the handy-dandy GSAK macro that labels all of the counties.  I use it to keep track of my very slow progress on the Texas County Challenge.

            Kevin
            KoosKoos

            <bjdukette@...> wrote:

            > Thanks for setting this up, Arnaud!
            > &nbsp;

            > I wish there were an easy way to figure out which of those out-of-town
            caches I enjoyed fall into an appropriate county.
            > &nbsp;

            > I posted my nominations, and can't wait for the final votes!
            > &nbsp;

            > Thanks again for all the hard work.
            > &nbsp;
            > Barbara (GiGi and JoJo)

          • Barry Watson
            Message 5 of 9 , Jun 1, 2008
              so does maps.yahoo.com (if you're at the right zoom level),
              but not sure how you would get your geocaches on the map
              like you could in Google Earth....
              Barry
              aka Doc Geo

              <bjdukette@. ..> wrote:

              > Thanks for setting this up, Arnaud!
              > &nbsp;
              > I wish there were an easy way to figure out which of those out-of-town
              caches I enjoyed fall into an appropriate county.
              > &nbsp;
              > I posted my nominations, and can't wait for the final votes!
              > &nbsp;
              > Thanks again for all the hard work.
              > &nbsp;
              > Barbara (GiGi and JoJo)

            • Barbara Dukette
              Message 6 of 9 , Jun 1, 2008

                Thanks, Kevin.  I remember this macro haunting me from before.  I downloaded the newest from the link you sent, and it adds a very nice "user data 2" column.  Is there a previous macro I should down load and install first?  I desperately need another Geek fest!!!

                Barbara

                <bjdukette@.. .> wrote:

                > Thanks for setting this up, Arnaud!
                > &nbsp;

                > I wish there were an easy way to figure out which of those out-of-town
                caches I enjoyed fall into an appropriate county.
                > &nbsp;

                > I posted my nominations, and can't wait for the final votes!
                > &nbsp;

                > Thanks again for all the hard work.
                > &nbsp;
                > Barbara (GiGi and JoJo)

              • Pam Tobias
                Message 7 of 9 , Jun 2, 2008
                  Is it only open to caches placed in 2007?  Or placed since 2007?  In other words, do we rule out caches placed in the first half of 2008?

                  Pam/pblt

                  Message 8 of 9 , Jun 2, 2008
                    It is only open to caches placed in 2007. Caches placed in 2008 will
                    be eligible next year.

                    Arnaud (SoaringEagle)

                    --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "Pam Tobias" <pblt@...>