Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Best FTF swag EVER!!!!

  • Mary Beth Booth
    Message 1 of 14 , Jun 1, 2008
      We left a PDA with docking station as an FTF in one of our caches - Cyperclops seemed very happy with that. (these are his exact words "I must say that this is some of the best swag that I have ever run into. I took the electronic gadget as my FTF prize ... hope that was OK cause it's awesome!")

      And Gigi who was STF was really mad that she hadn't gotten there first. Then the cache got muggled & all the other cool stuff we had in there was lost forever. SIGH.

      Mary Beth
      (emmy-n-sapphie)

      "Matthew R." <matthew2000tx@...> wrote:
      Ok some I'm planning on hiding some more caches over this summer. I
      wanted to here some suggestions of what type of items would be awesome
      to include in the original items in the cache. Any suggestions. . what
      were some items you drolled over when you found them in a cache?

    • Nick Silkey
      Message 2 of 14 , Jun 1, 2008
        Dont think anything beats unactivated geocoins as a FTF prize. Make
        sure you note the prize either on the cache page or locally in the
        container.

        On Sat, May 31, 2008 at 1:03 PM, Matthew R. <matthew2000tx@...> wrote:
        > Ok some I'm planning on hiding some more caches over this summer. I
        > wanted to here some suggestions of what type of items would be awesome
        > to include in the original items in the cache. Any suggestions.. what
        > were some items you drolled over when you found them in a cache?

      • Julie Perrine
        Message 3 of 14 , Jun 1, 2008

          A blank log!

          The only other thing I can really remember (since I haven’t traded swag for a long, long time) is the Philips head screwdriver in the form of a car key that I still carry on my key ring to this day.  I just thought that was the handiest thing I never knew I needed!

          Is it a long hiker cache?  I have seen bottles of water in caches and I thought that would be extremely welcome in certain circumstances.

          Cheers,

          Message 4 of 14 , Jun 2, 2008
            If you have a deep pocket, the ultimate FTF prize would be Garmin
            Colorado 400T. ;->

            Richard and Natalie
            Deafdillos
          • Julie Perrine
            Message 5 of 14 , Jun 2, 2008

              I’d race for that!

              Julie

              Mrs Captain Picard

              Message 6 of 14 , Jun 2, 2008
                We know what they want for Xmas dont we....LOL!!!

                Phil
                dragonscale365