Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Best FTF swag EVER!!!!

  • Barbara Dukette
    Message 1 of 14 , May 31, 2008

      Not that I'M ever a FTF (pesky Dillos!), but a geocoin always makes me smile, even if it isn't mine to keep.  I like to find pen sets for caching, too.  And batteries. And other caching stuff. Thanks for asking. Now, if I can only beat those dillos to FTF!

      Barbara (GiGi and JoJo)

      Message 2 of 14 , Jun 1, 2008
        Unactivated coins are pretty much The Thing.

        Only thing I drool over any more is a cool sig item.... but everyone has
        their own mileage.
        BarbJ/Tygress

        On Sat, 31 May 2008 18:03:30 -0000 "Matthew R." <matthew2000tx@...>
        writes:
        > Ok some I'm planning on hiding some more caches over this summer. I
        > wanted to here some suggestions of what type of items would be
        > awesome
        > to include in the original items in the cache. Any suggestions..
        > what
        > were some items you drolled over when you found them in a cache?

        Need cash? Click to get a loan.
        http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL2141/fc/Ioyw6i3mKivXXcllpT4da92Bt7SrBQH8uGrhb52XvXYPw7dfjOYA9E/
      • Gary
        Message 3 of 14 , Jun 1, 2008
          Here's an idea: GCHYHG

          Gary and Diann
          Team Troglodyte (lurkers on the group)

          --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "Matthew R."

          Message 4 of 14 , Jun 1, 2008

            Me, I like geocoins, any foriegn coins, fossils, interesting mineral specimens.  But I'm also widely acknowledged to be a bit weird . . . <G>

            Russ the waterweasel

            Message 5 of 14 , Jun 1, 2008
              We left a PDA with docking station as an FTF in one of our caches - Cyperclops seemed very happy with that. (these are his exact words "I must say that this is some of the best swag that I have ever run into. I took the electronic gadget as my FTF prize ... hope that was OK cause it's awesome!")

              And Gigi who was STF was really mad that she hadn't gotten there first. Then the cache got muggled & all the other cool stuff we had in there was lost forever. SIGH.

              Mary Beth
              (emmy-n-sapphie)

              "Matthew R." <matthew2000tx@...> wrote:
              Ok some I'm planning on hiding some more caches over this summer. I
              wanted to here some suggestions of what type of items would be awesome
              to include in the original items in the cache. Any suggestions. . what
              were some items you drolled over when you found them in a cache?

            • Nick Silkey
              Message 6 of 14 , Jun 1, 2008
                Dont think anything beats unactivated geocoins as a FTF prize. Make
                sure you note the prize either on the cache page or locally in the
                container.

                On Sat, May 31, 2008 at 1:03 PM, Matthew R. <matthew2000tx@...> wrote:
                > Ok some I'm planning on hiding some more caches over this summer. I
                > wanted to here some suggestions of what type of items would be awesome
                > to include in the original items in the cache. Any suggestions.. what
                > were some items you drolled over when you found them in a cache?

              • Julie Perrine
                Message 7 of 14 , Jun 1, 2008

                  A blank log!

                  The only other thing I can really remember (since I haven’t traded swag for a long, long time) is the Philips head screwdriver in the form of a car key that I still carry on my key ring to this day.  I just thought that was the handiest thing I never knew I needed!

                  Is it a long hiker cache?  I have seen bottles of water in caches and I thought that would be extremely welcome in certain circumstances.

                  Cheers,

                  Message 8 of 14 , Jun 2, 2008
                    If you have a deep pocket, the ultimate FTF prize would be Garmin
                    Colorado 400T. ;->

                    Richard and Natalie
                    Deafdillos
                  • Julie Perrine
                    Message 9 of 14 , Jun 2, 2008

                      I’d race for that!

                      Julie

                      Mrs Captain Picard

                      Message 10 of 14 , Jun 2, 2008
                        We know what they want for Xmas dont we....LOL!!!

                        Phil
                        dragonscale365