Best FTF swag EVER!!!!

  • Matthew R.
    Message 1 of 14 , May 31, 2008
      Ok some I'm planning on hiding some more caches over this summer. I
      wanted to here some suggestions of what type of items would be awesome
      to include in the original items in the cache. Any suggestions.. what
      were some items you drolled over when you found them in a cache?
    • Philip C. Mason
      Message 2 of 14 , May 31, 2008
        Of course I love finding geocoins, but I love finding things that can be connected to other hobbies
        that I love participating in.....

        Fishing(tackle)....
        Sporting goods of all kinds....
        books...
        old coins....
        music....

        I guess really the list could be endless,
        anyone else.

        Phil

        Message 3 of 14 , May 31, 2008
          Personally, I like little collectibles, like you would set in your display case....
          Uh, if you had a display case...
          I did find a used CD player in an ammo can once...  scratched up a little,
          but played just fine!  That was very cool...   I also like finding unactivated
          coins and pathtags....

          Barry

          Message 4 of 14 , May 31, 2008

            The best FTF prize I got was a digital camera. No kidding.  Talk about an FTF race. The actual cache was a micro with some unusual cammo. There was an ammo can on a stump near the location. The instructions were for FTF to take the ammo can and camera. There was a decon container in the can for STF.  I was to leave the decon container there.

            The next cacher after me hadn't read the instructions on the cache page. When he arrived at the location he found the decon container and opened it to find an empty log. He signed and dated it thinking he was FTF, but never found and signed the real cache. On his way out from the cache location he ran into the next cacher and bragged how he had gotten the FTF. The third cacher found the real cache and claimed the STF prize.

            Most of the caches I FTF don't even have prizes. Having a cool FTF prize will make more people rush out to get your cache though.

            Drew (KangaDrew)

            Message 5 of 14 , May 31, 2008

              Not that I'M ever a FTF (pesky Dillos!), but a geocoin always makes me smile, even if it isn't mine to keep.  I like to find pen sets for caching, too.  And batteries. And other caching stuff. Thanks for asking. Now, if I can only beat those dillos to FTF!

              Barbara (GiGi and JoJo)

              Message 6 of 14 , Jun 1, 2008
                Unactivated coins are pretty much The Thing.

                Only thing I drool over any more is a cool sig item.... but everyone has
                their own mileage.
                BarbJ/Tygress

                On Sat, 31 May 2008 18:03:30 -0000 "Matthew R." <matthew2000tx@...>
                writes:
                > Ok some I'm planning on hiding some more caches over this summer. I
                > wanted to here some suggestions of what type of items would be
                > awesome
                > to include in the original items in the cache. Any suggestions..
                > what
                > were some items you drolled over when you found them in a cache?

                Need cash? Click to get a loan.
                http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL2141/fc/Ioyw6i3mKivXXcllpT4da92Bt7SrBQH8uGrhb52XvXYPw7dfjOYA9E/
              • Gary
                Message 7 of 14 , Jun 1, 2008
                  Here's an idea: GCHYHG

                  Gary and Diann
                  Team Troglodyte (lurkers on the group)

                  --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "Matthew R."

                  Message 8 of 14 , Jun 1, 2008

                    Me, I like geocoins, any foriegn coins, fossils, interesting mineral specimens.  But I'm also widely acknowledged to be a bit weird . . . <G>

                    Russ the waterweasel

                    Message 9 of 14 , Jun 1, 2008
                      We left a PDA with docking station as an FTF in one of our caches - Cyperclops seemed very happy with that. (these are his exact words "I must say that this is some of the best swag that I have ever run into. I took the electronic gadget as my FTF prize ... hope that was OK cause it's awesome!")

                      And Gigi who was STF was really mad that she hadn't gotten there first. Then the cache got muggled & all the other cool stuff we had in there was lost forever. SIGH.

                      Mary Beth
                      (emmy-n-sapphie)

                      "Matthew R." <matthew2000tx@...> wrote:
                      Ok some I'm planning on hiding some more caches over this summer. I
                      wanted to here some suggestions of what type of items would be awesome
                      to include in the original items in the cache. Any suggestions. . what
                      were some items you drolled over when you found them in a cache?

                    • Nick Silkey
                      Message 10 of 14 , Jun 1, 2008
                        Dont think anything beats unactivated geocoins as a FTF prize. Make
                        sure you note the prize either on the cache page or locally in the
                        container.

                        On Sat, May 31, 2008 at 1:03 PM, Matthew R. <matthew2000tx@...> wrote:
                        > Ok some I'm planning on hiding some more caches over this summer. I
                        > wanted to here some suggestions of what type of items would be awesome
                        > to include in the original items in the cache. Any suggestions.. what
                        > were some items you drolled over when you found them in a cache?

                      • Julie Perrine
                        Message 11 of 14 , Jun 1, 2008

                          A blank log!

                          The only other thing I can really remember (since I haven’t traded swag for a long, long time) is the Philips head screwdriver in the form of a car key that I still carry on my key ring to this day.  I just thought that was the handiest thing I never knew I needed!

                          Is it a long hiker cache?  I have seen bottles of water in caches and I thought that would be extremely welcome in certain circumstances.

                          Cheers,

                          Message 12 of 14 , Jun 2, 2008
                            If you have a deep pocket, the ultimate FTF prize would be Garmin
                            Colorado 400T. ;->

                            Richard and Natalie
                            Deafdillos
                          • Julie Perrine
                            Message 13 of 14 , Jun 2, 2008

                              I’d race for that!

                              Julie

                              Mrs Captain Picard

                              Message 14 of 14 , Jun 2, 2008
                                We know what they want for Xmas dont we....LOL!!!

                                Phil
                                dragonscale365