Re: OT: Skype/other VOIPs

  • Lowracer
    Message 1 of 7 , May 28, 2008
      We use Skype with webcams to call our 2-year-old son's grandparents
      and other relatives so that he can see and hear them. He's just
      started to figure out that the people on that screen can react to what
      he does. It's amazing. Works best if the people on the other end of
      the conversation make lots of funny faces and wave their hands around.
      The caller who doesn't move around much bores him quickly, he can't
      tell it's not a still photo.

      Best part about Skype: it's free. Sound quality also beats any other
      telephony system I've used. Used to be that you had to use headset
      and microphone, but we just talk at the laptop screen and it sounds
      great. Works on Mac, Windows, and Linux.

      -Mark
      aka lowracer
      San Diego CA

      --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "Renee" <zenfire@...>