Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Re: OT: Another kind of Research ... DISHWASHERS

  • J.P. Grajek
    Message 1 of 21 , May 26, 2008
      You left out Internet Porn as the third root.   :-)

      Lowracer wrote:

      When we lived in Wichita in our 1922 vintage bungalow, we did not have
      a dishwasher. What we discovered was that instead of being a chore to
      dread, we actually looked forward to the time we spent talking while
      washing and drying the dishes together after meals. It was priceless
      family time, like I'm sure it must have been in the old days.

      So much of our technology purports to improve our lives but instead
      alienates us. Our world is going down the tubes because we don't spend
      time together anymore as families. Instead we throw the dishes in a
      machine, press a button, and rather than talking to one another over a
      simple chore, we plop down in front of the TV, hypnotized by the
      flickering images, and simply stop interacting with one another.

      I'm not a Luddite, far from it, but I'm convinced that when future
      historians finally write the "Rise and Fall of the American Empire,"
      they'll cite the dishwasher and the television as the two root causes
      for the demise of civilization as we know it.

      -Mark
      aka lowracer
      San Diego CA

      --- In CentralTexasGeocach ers@yahoogroups. com, "Candy Lind"