Re: Dead Dog

  • jnbarth
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 5 11:01 AM
      I have to agree that there is a lot simpler explanation than a plot
      to freak out a geocacher.

      My bet is that a grieving dog owner decided to bury his beloved pet
      in the dog's favorite play area. He probably selected an area out of
      view of any paths and made a grave of a mound of rocks. He probably
      took great care to make sure the grave was not only well off the
      beaten path, but also well hidden. He would probably be just as
      upset as PrincessButtercup if he were to discover that someone
      playing a technogeek version of hide and seek had desicrated his dogs
      gave!

      I've been to this cache. The area above the cache fits the criteria
      perfectly. I approached this cache from above and my readings
      indicated I was close before the drop off, so if I'd spotted a
      carefully hidden URP up there, I'd have probably investigated it too.

      It's regreatable that she was so badly freightened, but lets keep an
      open mind and not blow this all out of proportion by assuming evil
      intent.
    • web_ling
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 5 9:35 PM
        (Web-ling coming out of "Lurk Mode")

        And I thought I had weird stuff happen to my caches! (one washed
        away in a flood, another had a chain-link fence erected around it...)

        Glad Fido wasn't there when I visited the cache in February with my 3
        and 5 year olds. And my squeemish wife.

        Rich Wendling
        aka Web-ling