New Tires...

    Message 1 of 4 , May 4, 2008
      Hey, Carl, what do you think?
      (a forward from my Cousin Sherry)

      I like it, great idea, I hope it goes, no worries of flats, and less to throw away, less energy to build, wonder how it will do on a high speed turn?

      SEE THROUGH TIRE

      Radical new tire design by Michelin. The next generation of tires.

      They had a pair at the Philadelphia car show.

      These tires are airless and are scheduled to be out on the market very soon.

      The bad news for law enforcement is that spike strips will not work on these tires.

      This is what great R&D will do, and just think of the impact on existing technology:

      A. no more air valves...
      B. no more air compressors at gas stations...
      C. no more repair kits...
      D. no more flats...

      SCAN DOWN &SEE.

      These are actual pictures taken in the South Carolina plant of Michelin.

      Sherry

    • Heather Ford
      Message 2 of 4 , May 4, 2008
        Wow, given the number of tires I've lost to nails, rebar, etc. over the last 3 years, I would have to seriously consider purchasing these!  Wonder how much they'll be asking for them?

        Heather
        Ronin's Gal

        I like it, great idea, I hope it goes, no worries of flats, and less to throw away, less energy to build, wonder how it will do on a high speed turn?

        SEE THROUGH TIRE
        .

      • electric_water_boy
        Message 3 of 4 , May 4, 2008
          Could you see the pictures of the tires? I couldn't. What do I have
          set up wrong?

          --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "Heather Ford"

          Message 4 of 4 , May 4, 2008
            On Sun, 04 May 2008 19:46:51 -0000 "electric_water_boy"
            <electric_water_boy@...> writes:
            > Could you see the pictures of the tires? I couldn't. What do I have
            >
            > set up wrong?

            here are some links:
            http://www.freemarketnews.com/WorldNews.asp?nid=23927
            http://www.automedia.com/Future_Tire_is_a_Tweel/dsm20050201mt/1