Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Intro from kekoaskye

  • Julie Perrine
    Message 1 of 9 , May 1, 2008
      Welcome aboard!  We'll look for you at an event soon!
      Cheers,

      On Wed, Apr 30, 2008 at 11:58 PM, tuxmacauley <tuxmacauley@...> wrote:

      Hello to everyone - I'm new to this group as of a couple of days ago.
      "kekoaskye" is our family - myself, Darlene, Kekoa (son, 8) and Skye
      (daughter,6). We started geocaching officially in January and hit 100
      a couple of weeks ago. So far I've met Gus Strand of the Strands, and
      communicated with Paul (HiDude98) a couple of times via email. Our
      concentration of finds has been primarily in Round Rock, but we've
      explored around the kid's school, near Far West, and around the
      ballpark my son plays baseball at, Balcones.

      Our family has also enjoyed hiding 4 caches - 3 traditional and 1
      mystery/puzzle one. We've got a couple more planned in the short-term
      - mostly in Round Rock, and one off of Metric Blvd in Austin. It's
      taken 2 months so far to prepare for the one near Metric, and we're
      not finished yet. We like to make them tough, or interesting or both,
      so if you like that type, feel free to look them up.

      I've heard so many good things about the group of geocachers in
      Central Texas and look forward to meeting as many of you as possible
      virtually or for real. :)

      Best,

      Tux

      Message 2 of 9 , May 1, 2008

        Hi!

        Anyone who has more than a 100 finds isn't really new anymore but welcome to geocaching none the less. <G>  Come to an event sometime.  They are usually held in some place like Rudy's where it is easy for families and everyone to move around, visit, and take care of their own food preferences.  I think that the local group is one of the nicest bunch of people that you could ever hope to meet.

        Russ the waterweasel

        Message 3 of 9 , May 1, 2008
          Welcome to you and your family. I'm looking forward to
          meeting all of you at one of the CenTex events. - motx/Martha

          Be a better friend, newshound, and
        • Pam Tobias
          Message 4 of 9 , May 1, 2008
            Nice to meet you!!  Now I'm all excited about this new cache near Metric!  That's gotta be near where I work!

            Hope to meet you at an event soon.

            Pam/pblt

            Message 5 of 9 , May 1, 2008
              Welcome! Oh great - a new cache off Metric! I work at ACC Northridge campus so that will be very handy. Of course, if it's too hard or too high, I'll never find it. LOL.

              By all means, come to the flash mob event (GC19BRC). It will be at the new dancing fountain/water park on Riverside. Your kids will love it.
              Mary Beth
              (emmy_n_sapphie)

[...]

            • tux macauley
              Message 6 of 9 , May 1, 2008
                The one on Metric is going to be a 4 difficulty with terrain of 1.5.  That's the plan anyway.

                I'll be at the GC19BRC (WWFM III) with at least the kids and hopefully my better half.

                Thanks for all the welcomes - hope to meet many of you soon.

                Tux (kekoaskye)

                On Thu, May 1, 2008 at 2:22 PM, Mary Beth Booth <emmy_n_sapphie@...> wrote:

[...]

                512 799 8972
              • Barbara Dukette
                Message 7 of 9 , May 2, 2008

                  Welcome to the group!  You'll find this is an extraordinary group of people.  Look forward to meeting you and your family.

                  Barbara (GiGi and JoJo)