Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Intro from kekoaskye

    Message 1 of 9 , May 1 5:54 AM
      On Thu, 01 May 2008 04:58:09 -0000 "tuxmacauley" <tuxmacauley@...>
      writes:
      > Hello to everyone - I'm new to this group as of a couple of days
      > ago.
      > "kekoaskye" is our family - myself, Darlene, Kekoa (son, 8) and
      > Skye
      > (daughter,6). We started geocaching officially in January and hit
      > 100
      > a couple of weeks ago. So far I've met Gus Strand of the Strands,
      > and
      > communicated with Paul (HiDude98) a couple of times via email. Our
      > concentration of finds has been primarily in Round Rock, but we've
      > explored around the kid's school, near Far West, and around the
      > ballpark my son plays baseball at, Balcones.

      welcome!
      Lots of caches in Round Rock to keep you busy.....
      Then you'll ease on over to Pflugerville, and up to Temple/Belton....
      Though kids' activities do tend to curtail caching time.

      > Our family has also enjoyed hiding 4 caches - 3 traditional and 1
      > mystery/puzzle one. We've got a couple more planned in the
      > short-term - mostly in Round Rock, and one off of Metric Blvd in
      Austin. It's
      > taken 2 months so far to prepare for the one near Metric, and we're
      > not finished yet. We like to make them tough, or interesting or
      > both, so if you like that type, feel free to look them up.

      most of us are equal opportunity

      > I've heard so many good things about the group of geocachers in
      > Central Texas and look forward to meeting as many of you as
      > possible
      > virtually or for real. :)
      >
      > Best,
      >
      > Tux

      Welcome!
      Come to the flash mob.... I'm sure someone will post the GC number....
      You'll get us at our crazy best!

      BarbJ/Tygress
    • Julie Perrine

        Message 3 of 9 , May 1 6:11 AM

          Hi!

          Anyone who has more than a 100 finds isn't really new anymore but welcome to geocaching none the less. <G>  Come to an event sometime.  They are usually held in some place like Rudy's where it is easy for families and everyone to move around, visit, and take care of their own food preferences.  I think that the local group is one of the nicest bunch of people that you could ever hope to meet.

          Russ the waterweasel

          Message 4 of 9 , May 1 6:52 AM
            Welcome to you and your family. I'm looking forward to
            meeting all of you at one of the CenTex events. - motx/Martha

            Be a better friend, newshound, and
          • Pam Tobias
            Message 5 of 9 , May 1 7:14 AM
              Nice to meet you!!  Now I'm all excited about this new cache near Metric!  That's gotta be near where I work!

              Hope to meet you at an event soon.

              Pam/pblt

              Message 6 of 9 , May 1 12:22 PM
                Welcome! Oh great - a new cache off Metric! I work at ACC Northridge campus so that will be very handy. Of course, if it's too hard or too high, I'll never find it. LOL.

                By all means, come to the flash mob event (GC19BRC). It will be at the new dancing fountain/water park on Riverside. Your kids will love it.
                Mary Beth
                (emmy_n_sapphie)

[...]

              • tux macauley
                Message 7 of 9 , May 1 10:21 PM
                  The one on Metric is going to be a 4 difficulty with terrain of 1.5.  That's the plan anyway.

                  I'll be at the GC19BRC (WWFM III) with at least the kids and hopefully my better half.

                  Thanks for all the welcomes - hope to meet many of you soon.

                  Tux (kekoaskye)

                  On Thu, May 1, 2008 at 2:22 PM, Mary Beth Booth <emmy_n_sapphie@...> wrote:

[...]

                  512 799 8972
                • Barbara Dukette
                  Message 8 of 9 , May 2 7:48 AM

                    Welcome to the group!  You'll find this is an extraordinary group of people.  Look forward to meeting you and your family.

                    Barbara (GiGi and JoJo)