Intro from kekoaskye

  • tuxmacauley
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 30 9:58 PM
      Hello to everyone - I'm new to this group as of a couple of days ago.
      "kekoaskye" is our family - myself, Darlene, Kekoa (son, 8) and Skye
      (daughter,6). We started geocaching officially in January and hit 100
      a couple of weeks ago. So far I've met Gus Strand of the Strands, and
      communicated with Paul (HiDude98) a couple of times via email. Our
      concentration of finds has been primarily in Round Rock, but we've
      explored around the kid's school, near Far West, and around the
      ballpark my son plays baseball at, Balcones.

      Our family has also enjoyed hiding 4 caches - 3 traditional and 1
      mystery/puzzle one. We've got a couple more planned in the short-term
      - mostly in Round Rock, and one off of Metric Blvd in Austin. It's
      taken 2 months so far to prepare for the one near Metric, and we're
      not finished yet. We like to make them tough, or interesting or both,
      so if you like that type, feel free to look them up.

      I've heard so many good things about the group of geocachers in
      Central Texas and look forward to meeting as many of you as possible
      virtually or for real. :)

      Best,

      Tux
      Message 2 of 9 , May 1, 2008
        On Thu, 01 May 2008 04:58:09 -0000 "tuxmacauley" <tuxmacauley@...>
        writes:
        > Hello to everyone - I'm new to this group as of a couple of days
        > ago.
        > "kekoaskye" is our family - myself, Darlene, Kekoa (son, 8) and
        > Skye
        > (daughter,6). We started geocaching officially in January and hit
        > 100
        > a couple of weeks ago. So far I've met Gus Strand of the Strands,
        > and
        > communicated with Paul (HiDude98) a couple of times via email. Our
        > concentration of finds has been primarily in Round Rock, but we've
        > explored around the kid's school, near Far West, and around the
        > ballpark my son plays baseball at, Balcones.

        welcome!
        Lots of caches in Round Rock to keep you busy.....
        Then you'll ease on over to Pflugerville, and up to Temple/Belton....
        Though kids' activities do tend to curtail caching time.

        > Our family has also enjoyed hiding 4 caches - 3 traditional and 1
        > mystery/puzzle one. We've got a couple more planned in the
        > short-term - mostly in Round Rock, and one off of Metric Blvd in
        Austin. It's
        > taken 2 months so far to prepare for the one near Metric, and we're
        > not finished yet. We like to make them tough, or interesting or
        > both, so if you like that type, feel free to look them up.

        most of us are equal opportunity

        > I've heard so many good things about the group of geocachers in
        > Central Texas and look forward to meeting as many of you as
        > possible
        > virtually or for real. :)
        >
        > Best,
        >
        > Tux

        Welcome!
        Come to the flash mob.... I'm sure someone will post the GC number....
        You'll get us at our crazy best!

        BarbJ/Tygress
      • Julie Perrine

          Message 4 of 9 , May 1, 2008

            Hi!

            Anyone who has more than a 100 finds isn't really new anymore but welcome to geocaching none the less. <G>  Come to an event sometime.  They are usually held in some place like Rudy's where it is easy for families and everyone to move around, visit, and take care of their own food preferences.  I think that the local group is one of the nicest bunch of people that you could ever hope to meet.

            Russ the waterweasel

            Message 5 of 9 , May 1, 2008
              Welcome to you and your family. I'm looking forward to
              meeting all of you at one of the CenTex events. - motx/Martha

              Be a better friend, newshound, and
            • Pam Tobias
              Message 6 of 9 , May 1, 2008
                Nice to meet you!!  Now I'm all excited about this new cache near Metric!  That's gotta be near where I work!

                Hope to meet you at an event soon.

                Pam/pblt

                Message 7 of 9 , May 1, 2008
                  Welcome! Oh great - a new cache off Metric! I work at ACC Northridge campus so that will be very handy. Of course, if it's too hard or too high, I'll never find it. LOL.

                  By all means, come to the flash mob event (GC19BRC). It will be at the new dancing fountain/water park on Riverside. Your kids will love it.
                  Mary Beth
                  (emmy_n_sapphie)

[...]

                • tux macauley
                  Message 8 of 9 , May 1, 2008
                    The one on Metric is going to be a 4 difficulty with terrain of 1.5.  That's the plan anyway.

                    I'll be at the GC19BRC (WWFM III) with at least the kids and hopefully my better half.

                    Thanks for all the welcomes - hope to meet many of you soon.

                    Tux (kekoaskye)

                    On Thu, May 1, 2008 at 2:22 PM, Mary Beth Booth <emmy_n_sapphie@...> wrote:

[...]

                    512 799 8972
                  • Barbara Dukette
                    Message 9 of 9 , May 2, 2008

                      Welcome to the group!  You'll find this is an extraordinary group of people.  Look forward to meeting you and your family.

                      Barbara (GiGi and JoJo)