Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Virtual logging

  • Kevin (KoosKoos)
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 30, 2008
      Also known as "armchair logging".  Finding answers on the Internet and logging the virtual instead of visiting the site to get the information for the hider's verification question.

      Evidently, it's a popular practice in Germany and a few other areas where confusion over the idea of virtual caches has led to a lot of "virtual/armchair" logging.  According to a few locals in the gc.com forums, some non-English speakers have read the term virtual cache as something that you can find "virtually" without going to the site.

      Kevin
      KoosKoos

      On Sun, Mar 30, 2008 at 10:22 PM, droid81 <andrewd@...> wrote:

      Well we just got back from a trip back to the North Texas area and got
      to grab a few caches while we were up there. Only had a few hours we
      could dedicate to the caches so the numbers were small.

      Several of the virtual caches had the warning "no virtual logging
      allowed" What is virtual logging, how does one virtually log and why
      would one want to virtualy log a virtual cache?

      BTW if you are ever caching in the Midlothian area hit up GC7812. From
      my GPS's display of the title I thought it was related to Star Trek or
      MCP at first but we loved the general store we found and spent way too
      much of our precious caching time talking to Gene who was manning the
      register inside.