Reading of the rules

  • electric_water_boy
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 24, 2008
      The only competition stuff I've done even remotely similar to what we
      did has been kayak fishing tournaments. Every one of them - the others
      put on as well as the four I did - required all participants to attend
      the "Captain's Meeting." At this meeting, done either the night before
      the competition or shortly right before, the rules were read and any
      question settled. If you didn't attend the meeting, you didn't get to
      play - end of story. You couldn't say you didn't know. This may seem
      a little cheesey to you, but it does make sure that everyone heard the
      same stuff that everyone else did.

      I sure don't want to get to the point that the big boy fishing
      tournaments do - requiring polygraphs. Afterall, we're just looking
      for Tupperware in the woods.