Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] eTrex Legends on Sale at Academy Sports

  • Nick Silkey
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 3, 2008
      The old-school, pre-C-series, translucent-blue Legend?

      Good to know, as lots of newbies ask me what kind of GPSr to get. I
      have always been inclined to offer up the tried-and-true Legend.

      On 3/2/08, Barb Jernigan <gumbietygress@...> wrote:
      > It's not a BIG discount, but according to the Sunday Newspaper Ad,
      > Academy Sports has eTrex Legends on sale for $90.
      >
      > So you know!
      >
      > -B
      >
      > @,.-:*'``'*:-.,@,.-:*'``'*:-.,@
      > It isn't a lack of willpower, it's an abundance of momentum. --Cathy
      > Guisewite
      >

      > Yahoo! Groups Links

    • Vicki L. Almstrum
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 3, 2008
        On Mar 3, 2008, at 06:20, Nick Silkey wrote:

        > The old-school, pre-C-series, translucent-blue Legend?

        Yepp, that's the one -- the ad was on the front of Sunday's Academy
        ad. Alicia (FG1) saw it and cried out in excitement "Look, a GPS
        device!!!" Then she started talking about her fantasy of having a
        pink GPS for herself ...

        -- Vicki (FG2 in FiedoGang)
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 3, 2008

          Yep.  Very basic but perfectly adequate for a beginner or a backup unit.

          Russ the waterweasel