Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Re: Bad Experience

  • engelwaffen@suddenlink.net
    Message 1 of 11 , Mar 1, 2008
      Had to redo the link.  This is what I have.

      The cache GC number was GC12X9K
      This tinyurl worked when I checked.  Probally will have to cut and paste this to find it.

      http://tinyurl.com/3c5dpd

      amishangel

      Message 2 of 11 , Mar 1, 2008
        =sympathy=
        (but it's a good log!)

        On Sat, 01 Mar 2008 03:18:08 -0000 "electric_water_boy"
        <electric_water_boy@...> writes:
        > I posted very nicely on the log, but I think I can share with the
        > rest
        > off yall that this guy really ticked me off and just about ruined my
        >
        > afternoon. The DNF didn't help either. But lunch at "Green Sauce"
        > and
        > the finding some caches afterwards got the guy out of my head.
        >
        > Castle Hills Micro GC19KE8

        It isn't a lack of willpower, it's an abundance of momentum. --Cathy
        Guisewite
        Message 3 of 11 , Mar 1, 2008
          Yeah, except for the Tush Brothers' high speed chase through the Texas night, yours took the cake today. [That pan handle police officer gets one right up there, though.]

          That said, we've fortunately had nothing but good relations with the muggles who discover us -- whether we explain the sport or supply a cover story. But then, I can get Customs officers to chuckle, too.... so may be one of those weir-- er... spectacularly screwball individuals. Or, my time is coming. [May I stay firmly with option #1, Mr. Cosmic Game Show Host? Thank you.]

          One bad incident can spoil a whole lotta caching, though. And that's a shame.

          As Amish Angel said: Cache Safe, Cache On....
          And Be happy, Mon

          Barb/Tygress

          On Sat, 1 Mar 2008 00:27:45 -0600 "Barry Watson" <bcwatson@...> writes:
          Have to agree here.  Best thing would be to reassure him that you were not on that side (east) of the fence and that he didn't have anything to worry about from you.  Then you walk away...
          I have had a MUCH worse experience because someone placed one on private property and didn't think to find out if it was or not before placing it...

          Barry
          aka Doc Geo

          Message 4 of 11 , Mar 1, 2008

            Barry,

            I'm sorry you had that experience.  I only wish I had know about it back then, I might have been able to help.  I'm an officer in Granger (since '01) and know everyone around the area.  I think you actually encountered someone from the area that is going around impersonating an officer.  Also, the Bartlett officer you met up with (do you remember his name?) is long gone.  Bartlett has cleaned the police station at least twice since then, and having just recently met the new chief, I think the climate is a little friendlier.

            Message 5 of 11 , Mar 1, 2008

              The cop there in Bartlett told me the guy I had a run in with was having some chemical that druggies use for making meth stolen from him and he thought we were there either trying to steal the chemical or make some meth or something...  but definitely a shoot first mentality...

              I know about the shake up, but not sure if that one cop was still there....

              Number of years since then...  water under the bridge...

              Barry