Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Where Do Missing Trackables Go?!

  • Joanne Comer
    Message 1 of 35 , Feb 28, 2008
      I recently found a very attractive replica of a geocoin that was the same size and shape of the original.  It was in relief and beautifully painted with the picture on the coin it represented.  It was in an envelope with the explanation that, due to the prevalence of theft, the owner had the original safely at home and the replica would be sufficient to mark as discovered or grabbed.  I was impressed with it (much better than any piece of paper) and so neat it was almost as good as holding the original.  There are all sorts of possibilities out there.  jo/amick

      Message 35 of 35 , Feb 28, 2008
        Treat it as if it were the original--move it along!  You didn't need to do anything else except report your activities.  jo/amick

        I'm a bit confused over replicas.  I found one recently - didn't realize it was a replica until I went to the trackable's page and saw that the original is in the owner's hands.  So what do I do with the replica?  I discovered it?  But I have something in my hand.  I just logged that I discovered the replica and I'd move it along soon.  What else could I have done?

        Pam/pblt