Got any good logs or stories?

  • semperquestio
    Message 1 of 39 , Feb 26, 2008
      OK. I'm antsy to get out and do some caching but that's not gonna
      happen for a while yet. And I know that when I do get out there, due
      to my situation, most will probably be pretty straightforward
      park-n-grabs for a while. Even after that, I'll probably never have
      any more greenbelt adventures like Gorodo's Grotto. So, to help me
      live vicariously through others, howzabout sharing some good caching
      stories or giving up some links to some good logs and/or pics?

      SQ
    • Mark or Debra Eyman-Whitehead
      Message 39 of 39 , Mar 3, 2008
        You may or may not know that we are from Washington state. The
        Pacific Northwest, like Austin, tends to be a goofy place. It's not
        that people intend to be goofy they just do stuff that, outside of
        Austin or here, would get them some sideways glances.

        Over the weekend I had the chance to say "I love the Pacific
        Northwest" three times because of our brand of goofballs.

        First we are parked in a hardware store parking lot and next to us is
        a newer Ford Ranger. Very nice condition and clipped (with paper
        clips) to the rubber around his driver's side window is a meat
        thermometer!

        Coming out of the parking lot, this would be the second one, we had a
        car in front of it with a shaggy white dog hanging out the driver's
        side. We are big dogs-hanging-out-of-a-car people so we watched and
        enjoyed the dog enjoying the breeze. We pull up beside her and the
        dog, mid-size, is sitting in her lap and she's smoking a big cigar.

        Lastly we drop by friends of ours, (Howard... it's Jan and Dennis)
        and I have to say that these people are very upright, proper,
        everyting in it's place, very nicely dressed, don't go out doing
        weird stuff, sort of like they are everyone's grandparents... and in
        the bathroom sitting on the lip of the tub is a beer!

        I know most of you can't appreciate that last one but Howard can.

        I love how weird this place is. I love being surprised by goofy stuff.

        How about you guys? Seen any goofball stuff like this?