Hit a few milemarkers

  • electric_water_boy
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 4, 2008
      Hit a few milemarkers tonight:

      1. Got called by a geocaching legend and asked to tag along.

      2. Got to help said legend find a few caches.

      3. Got my picture taken by said legend at her own cache.

      Oh, who would this legend be? Cybercat!

      I was also thrilled find that someone else gets a little, hmm, what's
      the proper word?? Cranky? Nah. Irritated? Yeah, that'll work.
      Determined? Oh definitely. Don't think quit is in her vocabulary.
      I'm sure she has her breaking point, but Al Pacino wasn't going to
      find it tonight. I was sure glad to find I'm not the only one
      who "suffers" from this condition.

      4. Oh, you think it ended there? Nah. Bit the bullet and became a
      premium member. Smileys sure look nice on the map, but they can get
      in the way too. And the closest stuff to the house is PM only. And
      now I find there's two more that I can get to at work easily -one of
      which I'll probably hit before work.

      5. Completed The Outhouse Series - or at least how it is now. One
      of those caches gave a new meaning to TNLNSL.

      Yep, it was a pretty decent day.
      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 4, 2008
        huzzah!
        Should have joined our Make Semper Q's House wheel-chair ready crew to
        REALLY top off your day =wink!=

        On Tue, 05 Feb 2008 04:10:30 -0000 "electric_water_boy"
        <electric_water_boy@...> writes:
        > Hit a few milemarkers tonight:
        >
        > 1. Got called by a geocaching legend and asked to tag along.
        >
        > 2. Got to help said legend find a few caches.
        >
        > 3. Got my picture taken by said legend at her own cache.
        >
        > Oh, who would this legend be? Cybercat!
        >
        > I was also thrilled find that someone else gets a little, hmm,
        > what's
        > the proper word?? Cranky? Nah. Irritated? Yeah, that'll work.
        > Determined? Oh definitely. Don't think quit is in her vocabulary.
        >
        > I'm sure she has her breaking point, but Al Pacino wasn't going to
        > find it tonight. I was sure glad to find I'm not the only one
        > who "suffers" from this condition.
        >
        > 4. Oh, you think it ended there? Nah. Bit the bullet and became a
        >
        > premium member. Smileys sure look nice on the map, but they can get
        >
        > in the way too. And the closest stuff to the house is PM only. And
        >
        > now I find there's two more that I can get to at work easily -one of
        >
        > which I'll probably hit before work.
        >
        > 5. Completed The Outhouse Series - or at least how it is now. One
        >
        > of those caches gave a new meaning to TNLNSL.
        >
        > Yep, it was a pretty decent day.

        It isn't a lack of willpower, it's an abundance of momentum. --Cathy
        Guisewite
      • Candy Lind
        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 6, 2008
          Aw, come on, Barb, give the poor guy a break ... that would have been
          a round trip from San Antonio for an hour and a half of glory, for
          Pete's sake ...

          so, WaterBoy, what was your excuse??? LOL

          Sorry for taking Pete's name in vain again ...

          Candy
          moosiegirl

          --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, Barb Jernigan
          <gumbietygress@...> wrote:

          > huzzah!
          > Should have joined our Make Semper Q's House wheel-chair ready crew to
          > REALLY top off your day =wink!=
        • electric_water_boy
          Message 4 of 8 , Feb 6, 2008
            Hmmm... Take perfectly good lumber.... OK, take the best lumber you
            can get at Home Depot/Lowe's/Bolivar T. Shagnasty's House of Wood,
            give me tools, tell me to build a ramp or some other useful thing and
            you'll end up with sawdust, spliters, scrapwood, a modern art
            project, and a hospital bill. Or I could hang out with Cybercat.
            You make the call.

            Message 5 of 8 , Feb 6, 2008
              On Wed, 06 Feb 2008 19:37:38 -0000 "Candy Lind" <candylind@...>
              writes:
              > Aw, come on, Barb, give the poor guy a break ... that would have
              > been
              > a round trip from San Antonio for an hour and a half of glory, for
              > Pete's sake ...

              (well, it was for Howard's sake, but... =wink!=)

              Besides, Tush Brothers have dashed farther for an FTF!
              =g=
              I'm just wicked that way....

              And Russ bought us Starbucks drinks!
              Message 6 of 8 , Feb 6, 2008
                Well, since you put it that way.... we would have let you carry in the
                dog kibble. =wink!=

                Message 7 of 8 , Feb 6, 2008
                  That I could do. Besides filling out endless forms at work, I also
                  carry the heavy things, reach the high the things, and eat the left
                  overs. I'm pretty good at converting oxygen into carbon dioxide as
                  well.

                  Message 8 of 8 , Feb 6, 2008
                    =grin=