I'm still here

  • semperquestio
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 2, 2008
      Hi all!

      I finally got out of my cell, um, room, today for a 5 hr home pass.
      We've been checking out how things will work when I come home,
      hopefully early to mid next week.

      Occupational and Physical Therapy has been going very well. I've been
      nailing wheelchair transfers and other exercises and the therapists
      have been very happy with my work.

      On top of that, I have several of them that are REALLY getting
      interested in geocaching! :)

      I'm going to keep this short cuz I want to enjoy being home for a
      while, so let me just say another quick thanks to all those who have
      offered support and done so much for mea nd my family already. I can
      NEVER thank you enough.

      Howard
    • tx_bobcat
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 2, 2008
        Hi all, the offical SQ support group is

        Cheers,
        Brad

        --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "semperquestio"

        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 2, 2008
          Well, you DID sign up for the five star service, my friend -- glad to
          hear some good news from your direction!
          I was thinking that Pecan Trail series out in RR would be great for your
          PT when you're ready ... oh yeah, that's your series! -g-

          On Sat, 02 Feb 2008 19:38:15 -0000 "semperquestio" <sq@...> writes:
          > Hi all!
          >
          > I finally got out of my cell, um, room, today for a 5 hr home pass.
          >
          > We've been checking out how things will work when I come home,
          > hopefully early to mid next week.
          >
          > Occupational and Physical Therapy has been going very well. I've
          > been
          > nailing wheelchair transfers and other exercises and the therapists
          > have been very happy with my work.
          >
          > On top of that, I have several of them that are REALLY getting
          > interested in geocaching! :)
          >
          > I'm going to keep this short cuz I want to enjoy being home for a
          > while, so let me just say another quick thanks to all those who
          > have
          > offered support and done so much for mea nd my family already. I
          > can
          > NEVER thank you enough.
          >
          > Howard

          It isn't a lack of willpower, it's an abundance of momentum. --Cathy
          Guisewite
          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 2, 2008

            Yeah, Howard!

            Was thinking of you today (favorably) while doi8ng the Pecan Path series.

            Russ the waterweasel

            Message 5 of 6 , May 18, 2008
              Howard -- Sam Bass is actually nearly more wheelchair friendly than the
              Palace! Lovely ramp and spots right up front for two wheel chairs.
              You'll probably want to reserve tix and give them a heads up....
              http://www.sambasstheatre.org/

              It's a five hankie evening -- and, well, I get the final bow, which in
              thespian circles says a major something.

              Hope you and Julie are up to coming!

              -B
            • semperquestio
              Message 6 of 6 , May 18, 2008
                Thanks for the info. We plan on coming. We just have to look at the
                dates and decide on something.

                --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, Barb Jernigan