Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Re: Geocoins

    Message 1 of 51 , Feb 1, 2008
      geocachers like it?
      But you'll see THOSE coins (that link) are under the commemorative coins,
      rather than the geocoins. CoinsandPins.com does all kinds.
      It's a subtle difference to be looking for in the fine print, and I do
      have many GORGEOUS but untrackable coins mistakenly bought for the
      collection.

      On Fri, 1 Feb 2008 11:37:02 -0800 (PST) "M.Schreffler"
      <mschref@...> writes:
      > These coins don't look like they are trackable. I'm
      > not sure I understand the difference between coins
      > with tracking numbers and those without. What makes
      > one without a geocoin?
      >
      > --- palbers@... wrote:
      >
      > > That is a great idea, and a great way to to this
      > > would be to buy one of the POW/MIA geocoins. Add the
      > > text to the webpage and also print it out and place
      > > it with the geocoin when you release it into the
      > > wild. Don't search Ebay for this coin, as you can
      > > still buy them for around $8 from here:
      > >

      > http://www.coinsandpins.com/product_info.php?products_id=93
      > >
      > > If you do get one and write up the real story,
      > > please send me the link, as I would enjoy reading
      > > it.
      > >
      > > Best Regards,
      > >
      > > -paul
      > > HiDude_98
      > >
      > > ---- electric_water_boy
      > > <electric_water_boy@...> wrote:
      > >

      > > > I wanted to get one of the POW/MIA coins and use
      > > the tail number from
      > > > my Dad's plane as the tracking number. Found that
      > > that would be next
      > > > to impossible to do. I might still try to get one
      > > anyway. That way I
      > > > could have the real story about what he was doing
      > > when his plane went
      > > > down on a website. There are few websites out
      > > there dedicated to him
      > > > and the people who were in his plane that have a
      > > generic and totally
      > > > unrelated story put up to honor these guys. Their
      > > intentions were well
      > > > and good, but if they only knew the real story
      > > they'd really be
      > > > impressed.

      > > Your email settings:
      > Individual Email | Traditional

      It isn't a lack of willpower, it's an abundance of momentum. --Cathy
      Guisewite
      Message 51 of 51 , Jun 17, 2009

        Well, as far as a 'coin stash' goes, the coin has to be activated to get into the system.  So, if you want it to be online and in a situation where someone else can discover it, you have to activate it.

        For a pure personal collection, I guess it is irrelevant if it is activated or not . . .

        Russ the waterweasel