Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Howdy All - Texas Challenge?

  • Pete
    Message 1 of 10 , Feb 1, 2008
      Welcome to this motley crew, Robyn, and you have just signed on to have the time of your life thats for sure.

      The Texas Challenge is a fantastic event where you will get to meet Geocachers from all over the state of Texas and although the event itself lasts only about 4 hours, the side events that preceed and follow it are always a lot of fun and we finally get to put faces with Geocaching handles.

      To answer some of the questions you put forth
      1. What should we Expect - Well expect to have a fantastic time and an unforgettable weekend
      2. Are we automatically on the Centex Team- Nope you can be on any team you choose - - BUT - - Centex WANTS YOUR BOD!! (the other     teams usually outnumber us so all are welcome)
      3. Is anyone else going to be there - you betcha - lots and lots of people will be there - i think the count last year was over 300
      4. What kind of games - The games will be defined by the host team on the morning of the event - that way everyone starts out the same way
      5. Will we make friends - Yup (as they say in these hyar parts) you will make a lot of new friends at the Challenge - that is guaranteed :)
      6. Will they throw rocks at us - Not hardly - but if they do - just throw em back - thats the way we are lol
      7. Anything special we should bring - (a) GPS (b) yourselves (c) camping stuff (d) your party hats

      Because of other considerations, we may not be able to make the Challenge this year :(, but our hearts will be with our Centex team. Our plans, however, are subject to change without notice and hopefully something will come up so we can make it. If not, we hope to see you at other Geocaching events during the coming year.

      Paparazzi Pete of PetenMike and Wanakenagirl

      Message 2 of 10 , Feb 1, 2008
        Weird and quirky, downright screwball....at LAST, I have found my home! :) And I am ALWAYS open for interrogations.

        --
        We are the music makers and the dreamers of dreams
        I am a punk rocker and the screamer of screams
        Message 3 of 10 , Feb 1, 2008
          On Fri, 1 Feb 2008 08:15:36 -0600 Robyn <thePest@...> writes:
          > Weird and quirky, downright screwball....at LAST, I have found my home!
          :)

          We even saved a seat for you.
          [FTF? nah, you're on your own.]

          > And I am ALWAYS open for interrogations.

          Where were you on the night of February 30th?

          barb/tygress
          @,.-:*'``'*:-.,@,.-:*'``'*:-.,@
          It isn't a lack of willpower, it's an abundance of momentum. --Cathy
          Guisewite
        • palbers@austin.rr.com
          Message 4 of 10 , Feb 1, 2008
            In Sweden solving a puzzle for an FTF. Go ahead and look it up, if you don't know what I am talking about. :)

            -paul
            HiDude_98

            Message 5 of 10 , Feb 1, 2008
              I knew you operate outside the normal time space continuum.
              =g=