Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Re: The SQ Watch 1/31/08 CIRCLE THE WAGONS!

  • Alex Alexander
    Message 1 of 18 , Jan 31, 2008
      Mrs Slytherin is certainly in the medical do-dah field. She can let
      you know what you need, how you get it and who pays for it. A lot
      depends on insurance and prescriptions. I suggest that someone emails
      her at
      kimrobinAThomailDOTcom

      alex - Slytherin

      On 1/31/08, Mark or Debra Eyman-Whitehead <shop99er@...> wrote:

      > Last thing I can remember is that they will need a shower seat that
      > is Howard rated and has a slider. The people at the hospital gave
      > Juile a catalog of do-dads but I don't believe they've made any
      > selections. Didn't someone have a spouse in the medical do-dad
      > field?

    • Renee
      Message 2 of 18 , Jan 31, 2008

        I suggest that someone emails
        her at
        kimrobinAThomailDOT com

        Are you sure you should talk about your wife that way?...  LOL

        With love (promise)

        Renee/zenfire

      • d_rubarb
        Message 3 of 18 , Feb 1, 2008
          Once you get the list for what needs to be done with regaurds to remodeling let me know what material you will need especially lumber etc.. for the ramps. I work for a Lumber Company and get a very good discount. I can also help with any construction you need to do. I just need some notice to make plans.
          Drew/Kangadrew

          tx_bobcat <tx_bobcat@...> wrote:
          Hi all,

          Chatted with Howard this evening and as Curtis said, everything is
          going great with Howard's recovery. All the kind words and thoughts
          have really made the difference.

          As for remodels, help at home. Howard is making his first trip home
          this weekend and I will be taking careful notes as to what needs to
          be done to make it Howard ready and helpful. As it stands right now
          (or at least from Howard's bedside this evening) he is thinking about
          one main ramp in the garage to get into the house. Measurements have
          all been made compliments of MrsSQ's dad. That being said, after the
          first visit this weekend I will have a better idea of where to point
          this great outpouring of help.

          Don't worry, I will be calling.

          If anyone has any questions please feel free to email me
          texbobcatATgmail. com or give me a call. My cell is floating out there
          somewhere. I generally get to email about once a day (in the
          evening).

          Cheers,

          Brad

          --- In CentralTexasGeocach ers@yahoogroups. com, "Alex Alexander"
          <alex@...> wrote:

          > Mrs Slytherin is certainly in the medical do-dah field. She can let
          > you know what you need, how you get it and who pays for it. A lot
          > depends on insurance and prescriptions. I suggest that someone
          emails
          > her at
          > kimrobinAThomailDOT com
          >
          > alex - Slytherin
          >
          > On 1/31/08, Mark or Debra Eyman-Whitehead <shop99er@.. .> wrote:
          > > Talked with Howard this afternoon and it's more good news.
          > >
          > > The therapy people had Julie see if she could get him up over some
          > > rises and she did without a problem. Then they asked him to see
          if he
          > > could get himself up and over them as well. Took a little effort
          but
          > > he managed to do it.
          > >
          > > The schedule, right now, is for him to take a field trip home on
          > > Saturday. They are going to see if he can get himself in and out
          of
          > > their car and check on some things at the house that may be
          issues.
          > > IF all goes well he could be home next week sometime.
          > >
          > > Now it's time to circle the wagons.
          > >
          > > The ramp crew needs to get together with Julie for possible ramps
          in
          > > the garage and out the front door.
          > >
          > > Getting in and out of bed with a slider board might be a problem
          at
          > > home because of the height of the bed. This may mean that the
          spare
          > > room will need to be broken down and a hospital bed installed.
          Again,
          > > Julie needs to be contacted about that once Howard can actually
          put
          > > an eyeball on the situation.
          > >
          > > They also need some light plumbing done. Howard will need a hose
          > > extend the shower head from the shower over to the tub. Shouldn't
          be
          > > that big of a deal and more than 2 or 3 runs to the hardware
          store.

          > > Last thing I can remember is that they will need a shower seat
          that
          > > is Howard rated and has a slider. The people at the hospital gave
          > > Juile a catalog of do-dads but I don't believe they've made any
          > > selections. Didn't someone have a spouse in the medical do-dad
          > > field?
          > >

          > > Yahoo! Groups Links

          Drew (KangaDrew)

        • d_rubarb
          Message 4 of 18 , Feb 2, 2008
            Hi Gang,
            It appears my hastily hidden cache (GC18XPD) in honor of Paul's 7000th find already has a soggy log. I'm thinking maybe the bison tube I used had a bad seal. I wasn't expecting to have to do maintenance on it till the next event down there. If any of you happen to be close by there and can replace the log for me I would appreciate it. If not no worries I'll get it when I come down for Julie's juggling event.
            Drew/Kangadrew

            Drew (KangaDrew)

          • palbers@austin.rr.com
            Message 5 of 18 , Feb 2, 2008
              Hey Drew,

              I will try to get over there soon. I have the same bison tubes that I can replace it with if the seal is actually gone or broken. If it is still fine, I will put a new log in it.

              Best Regards,

              -paul
              HiDude_98