Howdy All - Texas Challenge?

  • Robyn
    Message 1 of 10 , Jan 31, 2008
      Hello Everyone,

      Finally decided to go through the process of registering with Yahoo so
      I could join this group and see what ya'll talk about. :)

      I also decided I should attend the Texas Challenge this year. I've
      always wanted to go, but have always had something else going on.
      Anyway, me and some of the San Martians will be attending this year,
      but we have questions.

      What should we expect? Are we automatically on the CenTX team because
      of where we live? CAN we be on the CenTX team? Is anyone else going to
      be there? What kind of games? Or rather, what exactly is the
      challenge? Will we make friends? Will they throw rocks at us? Is there
      anything special we should bring?

      Any answers are much appreciated. Thanks!

      Ramona de Peste
      (Robyn)
    • bcwatson
      Message 2 of 10 , Jan 31, 2008

        Ok, now that she's joined the group, I guess we can't talk about her behind her back anymore…

        lol….  just kidding Robyn!  Welcome to our family and please consider us your new family also…

        You can join any region for the Challenge that you wish although, being part of the family now, we

        would certainly hope that you will help CenTX region pull of a first ever three-peat winning of the

        Texas Challenge (we took the last two years)…   There will be hundreds of geocachers there from

        all over the state.  We don't know exactly what the nature of the race will be like.  Everyone finds

        out at the same time the day of the race.  You will make sooooo many new friends!  (Bring a blank

        Address Book).  Nope no rocks….   Bring your running shoes!  Oh, and your GPS… that would be

        a good thing to bring…

        For info on past challenges, go to geocaching.com, and do a search on "Texas Challenge".  This

        way, you can read about the past challenges…

        Welcome Robyn!

        Barry

        aka Doc Geo

        Message 3 of 10 , Jan 31, 2008

          Very soon, there will be an event posted where information will be shared about the Texas Challenge.  Afterwards, we’re going to see a juggling show!  Look for it!

          Julie Perrine

          AMD Sales Finance

          512.602.7190

          Message 4 of 10 , Jan 31, 2008
            OOOOH, WELCOME, ROBYN!!! I'm so excited that you have joined our wierd
            and quirky little group (OK, now, you guys don't get your hackles up;
            you know I'm right!). One of my absolute favorite caches is in your
            front yard. :-D I hope to interrogate you about it some day.

            Happy Trails,
            Candy
            moosiegirl

            --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "Robyn" <thePest@...>

            Message 5 of 10 , Jan 31, 2008
              =arms crossed=
              I'm not quirky, I'm "seriously screwball."

              On Fri, 01 Feb 2008 03:23:39 -0000 "Candy Lind" <candylind@...>
              writes:
              > OOOOH, WELCOME, ROBYN!!! I'm so excited that you have joined our
              > wierd
              > and quirky little group (OK, now, you guys don't get your hackles
              > up;
              > you know I'm right!). One of my absolute favorite caches is in your
              > front yard. :-D I hope to interrogate you about it some day.
              >
              > Happy Trails,
              > Candy
              > moosiegirl
              >

              > --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "Robyn"
              > <thePest@...>
              > wrote:
              > >
              > > Hello Everyone,
              > >
              > > Finally decided to go through the process of registering with
              > Yahoo
              > so I could join this group and see what ya'll talk about. :) ...
              > > ... Ramona de Peste
              > > (Robyn)

              It isn't a lack of willpower, it's an abundance of momentum. --Cathy
              Guisewite
            • Pete
              Message 6 of 10 , Feb 1, 2008
                Welcome to this motley crew, Robyn, and you have just signed on to have the time of your life thats for sure.

                The Texas Challenge is a fantastic event where you will get to meet Geocachers from all over the state of Texas and although the event itself lasts only about 4 hours, the side events that preceed and follow it are always a lot of fun and we finally get to put faces with Geocaching handles.

                To answer some of the questions you put forth
                1. What should we Expect - Well expect to have a fantastic time and an unforgettable weekend
                2. Are we automatically on the Centex Team- Nope you can be on any team you choose - - BUT - - Centex WANTS YOUR BOD!! (the other     teams usually outnumber us so all are welcome)
                3. Is anyone else going to be there - you betcha - lots and lots of people will be there - i think the count last year was over 300
                4. What kind of games - The games will be defined by the host team on the morning of the event - that way everyone starts out the same way
                5. Will we make friends - Yup (as they say in these hyar parts) you will make a lot of new friends at the Challenge - that is guaranteed :)
                6. Will they throw rocks at us - Not hardly - but if they do - just throw em back - thats the way we are lol
                7. Anything special we should bring - (a) GPS (b) yourselves (c) camping stuff (d) your party hats

                Because of other considerations, we may not be able to make the Challenge this year :(, but our hearts will be with our Centex team. Our plans, however, are subject to change without notice and hopefully something will come up so we can make it. If not, we hope to see you at other Geocaching events during the coming year.

                Paparazzi Pete of PetenMike and Wanakenagirl

                Message 7 of 10 , Feb 1, 2008
                  Weird and quirky, downright screwball....at LAST, I have found my home! :) And I am ALWAYS open for interrogations.

                  --
                  We are the music makers and the dreamers of dreams
                  I am a punk rocker and the screamer of screams
                  Message 8 of 10 , Feb 1, 2008
                    On Fri, 1 Feb 2008 08:15:36 -0600 Robyn <thePest@...> writes:
                    > Weird and quirky, downright screwball....at LAST, I have found my home!
                    :)

                    We even saved a seat for you.
                    [FTF? nah, you're on your own.]

                    > And I am ALWAYS open for interrogations.

                    Where were you on the night of February 30th?

                    barb/tygress
                  • palbers@austin.rr.com
                    Message 9 of 10 , Feb 1, 2008
                      In Sweden solving a puzzle for an FTF. Go ahead and look it up, if you don't know what I am talking about. :)

                      -paul
                      HiDude_98

                      Message 10 of 10 , Feb 1, 2008
                        I knew you operate outside the normal time space continuum.
                        =g=