Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Re: Hotline? What Hotline?

    Message 1 of 27 , Jan 30, 2008
    • Candy Lind
      Message 2 of 27 , Jan 30, 2008
        Bruce, I'm sorry I wasn't paying attention when you wrote ... and incredibly sorry these people are so uptight that it took FOURTEEN REPLIES before someone FINALLY coughed up my phone number! LOL!  :))

        Be it known, from henceforth, that all those persons who confess themselves Central Texas Geocachers, nay, any and all geocachers from the wide world who deign to VISIT Central Texas, are MOST WELCOME to use that number, owned and operated by MOOSIEGIRL and funded by THE OUTLAW, known as the Geocaching Hotline, which is Area Code Five One Two, number Six Three Two, Six Two Zero Six (thus inscribed herein to prevent scrapers from acquiring the number).

        (God, that's just disgusting! Proves I've been married to Wayne too long! :">)

        Folks, I've been thinking that I should make Howard my Personal Assistant while he's laid up -- you know, let him filter all those calls from Fiji, Dallas and other exotic locations ... on SECOND thought, I'd better not do that ... people already think I sit around doing nothing so much they call me "MOSSYGIRL" ...  :o)

        Just to set this all straight for Bruce and anyone else new on the list who was curious/confused about the "hotline" (the farther down the thread I read, the better I could imagine Bruce's glazed-over eyes) ... we DO INDEED have the friendliest cachers on the planet in Central Texas, and as someone said ... ah, yes, it was Paul of the photographic memory ... if I haven't found a cache (or can't recall it) myself, I'm happy to scurry off looking for someone else who can help you "when your search engine runs out of gas."  The DH coined that phrase on a business card, gifted to me on the occasion of my 1000th find, and it's been true ever since. They WERE right, midnight calls are not my favorite, as the Tush Brothers might be able to attest, but I really AM happy to help anyone who could use a hand when they're at Ground Zero.

        Looking forward to having you on my call list! :D

        Happy Trails,
        Candy
        MOOsiegirl

      • Candy Lind
        Message 3 of 27 , Jan 30, 2008
          Oh, just to record the history accurately, Brad Belk (bbelk) was the
          first one to call me and ask for "the Geocaching Hotline" ... at the
          time, the "hotline" was standing in line paying for groceries at HEB.
          My world has not been the same since! LOL

          Candy
          MOOsiegirl
        • electric_water_boy
          Message 4 of 27 , Jan 30, 2008
            You may not mind, but is your jealous husband going to come after us
            at warp factor 10 and launch a few photon torpedos at us?

            --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "Perrine, Julie"
            <julie.perrine@...> wrote:

            > I don't mind a phone call either. I don't keep any type of
            database,
            > it's just by memory. I'm not so bad at it as long as you don't
            tell me
            > you're on the side of the road by a tree and a fence and a rock.
            You're
            > on your own there! It also helps me to have a description of where
            > you're at in addition to the name of the cache, especially if
            you're out
            > of town where I've been operating with Drop2s.
            >

            > Julie
            >
            > Mrs. Captain Picard
            >
            > ________________________________

            California
            > too. These are rare, but hey I use them when I am out in those
            > locations, so the calls go both ways. :)
            >
            > I am also available as a PAF. If you see I have found the cache, are
            > stuck and aren't able to reach the hotline just give me a call.
            Always
            > leave a vmail if I don't answer the phone. Email me offline, if
            you'd
            > like my number.
            >
            > -paul
            > HiDude_98
            >
            > ---- "Perrine wrote:
            > > She's got you covered for all of Austin, San Antonio, Waco and
            > > everything in between. Plus, she's not a bad bet for DFW and
            Houston,
            > > either!
            > >

            > > Julie
            > >
            > > Mrs. Captain Picard
            > >
            > > ________________________________
            > >
            > > From: CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com
            > <mailto:CentralTexasGeocachers%40yahoogroups.com>
            > > [mailto:CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com
            Bruce
            > Burns
            > > Sent: Wednesday, January 30, 2008 11:57 AM
            > > To: CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com
            > <mailto:CentralTexasGeocachers%40yahoogroups.com>
            > > Subject: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Re: Hotline? What Hotline?
            > >

            > > Just to make sure I'm not stepping on any toes here; can I call
            > > Candy/Moosiegirl on the "hotline" any time day or night
            concerning
            > > any cache on the planet, or is this limited to certain hours and
            > > locations?
            > >
            > > Brucacuda
            > >
            > > --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com
            > <mailto:CentralTexasGeocachers%40yahoogroups.com>
            > > <mailto:CentralTexasGeocachers%40yahoogroups.com> , "Julie
            Perrine"

            Message 5 of 27 , Jan 31, 2008
              He's the first one she asks when she can't recall a cache.
              No worries. [Some of us are that most blessed of geocaching combos, a
              caching couple, each with equal addiction. Moosiegirl and the Outlaw?
              Wow. Can't sing enough praises. "Now you're just being partial." Damn
              straight.]

              Ok. 1am I'd think twice. I know how cranky *I* am at 1 a.m.

              And while I'm not as good as the Hotline, if I've been to a cache that's
              giving you troubles, you can also call.... just during civil hours (after
              9am on a weekend, before 10:30 on any night.... because calls after that
              will get, not only incoherent answers, but we're That Age where calls out
              of hours means a parental unit has met with EMS or worse). 512 six oh
              eight seven six fortyfour

              Barb/Tygress

              On Thu, 31 Jan 2008 07:35:54 -0000 "electric_water_boy"
              <electric_water_boy@...> writes:
              > You may not mind, but is your jealous husband going to come after us
              >
              > at warp factor 10 and launch a few photon torpedos at us?
              >

              > --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "Perrine, Julie"
              > <julie.perrine@...> wrote:
              > >
              > > I don't mind a phone call either. I don't keep any type of
              > database,
              > > it's just by memory. I'm not so bad at it as long as you don't
              > tell me
              > > you're on the side of the road by a tree and a fence and a rock.
              >
              > You're
              > > on your own there! It also helps me to have a description of
              > where
              > > you're at in addition to the name of the cache, especially if
              > you're out
              > > of town where I've been operating with Drop2s.
              > >

              > > Julie
              > >
              > > Mrs. Captain Picard
              > >
              > > ________________________________

              It isn't a lack of willpower, it's an abundance of momentum. --Cathy
              Guisewite
              Message 6 of 27 , Jan 31, 2008

                Well, when I was in Illinois awhile back, I did consider calling her for some help.  Mostly to yank her chain for not be TOTALLY omniscient about geocaches everywhere . . . <G>

                Russ the waterweasel

                "I'm in Fiji and I'm looking for a cache...."
                Oh boy....

                Barry
                aka Doc Geo

                --- In CentralTexasGeocach ers@yahoogroups. com, "Julie Perrine"