Geocoins

  • Bruce Burns
    Message 1 of 51 , Jan 30, 2008
      I had to go down to the George West, Texas (Live Oak County) traffic
      court yesterday to address a speeding ticket I received that direction
      back last August. I didn't know about geocaching last August. Anyway,
      I hit a couple of caches off of the southbound side of I37 on my way
      down there, placed my first three caches in the area, and took the long
      route on the way back to Cedar Park to gather a total of 11 caches for
      the day (I attempted 13).

      I gathered several travel bugs and geocoins along the way. These were
      the first actual geocoins I have seen since I started this hobby last
      month.

      My question is: Where do you usually purchase geocoins? Who creates
      these things? Can I custom make my own, and if so, about how much does
      that cost?

      Brucacuda
      Message 51 of 51 , Jun 17, 2009

        Well, as far as a 'coin stash' goes, the coin has to be activated to get into the system.  So, if you want it to be online and in a situation where someone else can discover it, you have to activate it.

        For a pure personal collection, I guess it is irrelevant if it is activated or not . . .

        Russ the waterweasel