SQ 1/27/08

  • semperquestio
    Message 1 of 18 , Jan 27, 2008
      Hi everyone!

      Just a short note since I'm using my Palm.

      I am still at Brack, room 825. The surgery went well, I've gotten back in a wheelchair, and I get off the IV by morning.

      I "should" be going to SOME rehab facility tomorrow but we have no idea where yet.

      Thanks to everyone for your good wishes. You're support has kept me going.

      Howard
      Message 2 of 18 , Jan 27, 2008

        Hang in there, Howard!

        Russ the waterweasel

        Message 3 of 18 , Jan 27, 2008
          Hey you!
          Behave, get better!

          On Sun, 27 Jan 2008 21:34:28 -0000 "semperquestio" <sq@...> writes:
          > Hi everyone!
          >
          > Just a short note since I'm using my Palm.
          >
          > I am still at Brack, room 825. The surgery went well, I've gotten
          > back in a wheelchair, and I get off the IV by morning.
          >
          > I "should" be going to SOME rehab facility tomorrow but we have no
          > idea where yet.
          >
          > Thanks to everyone for your good wishes. You're support has kept me
          > going.
          >
          > Howard

          It isn't a lack of willpower, it's an abundance of momentum. --Cathy
          Guisewite
        • Pete
          Message 4 of 18 , Jan 28, 2008
            Well Howard, just get well and dont let those nurses give ya too much flak (they like to do that sometimes you know). Oh by the way - you will develop a sort of love/hate relationship with your physical therapist - at least I did when recovering from my cardiac arrest and having to learn to walk again. When they took away my 4X2 (the walker and 2 legs) and gave me a 1X2 (a cane and 2 legs) that was really scary, BUT, I made it through and so will you. It will probably be awhile before we see you grubbing around in the bushes again, but I am certain that we definately will.

            Paparazzi Pete and Wanakenagirl

            Just a short note since I'm using my Palm.

            I am still at Brack, room 825. The surgery went well, I've gotten back in a wheelchair, and I get off the IV by morning.

            I "should" be going to SOME rehab facility tomorrow but we have no idea where yet.

            Thanks to everyone for your good wishes. You're support has kept me going.

            Howard

          • Mark or Debra Eyman-Whitehead
            Message 5 of 18 , Jan 29, 2008
              Talked with Julie this morning and Howard this afternoon.

              He's been moved but it's an in-house move. The apparently have a nice
              rehab room for him and he's moved in. Believe it's room 3B.

              He's got a lovely window in this room that he can look out. Now I
              would never EVER suggest that a select crew of Ninja-like
              cacher/buddies go to this window and moon him. But if those select
              Ninja buddies did do something like that it would be advisable to bang
              on the window to make sure moon-shot victim is both awake and wearing
              his glasses.

              Call his room at 512-901-5505
            • Scott Leake
              Message 6 of 18 , Jan 29, 2008
                Sounds like someone needs to have a "Flash Mob" event!

                Scott

                --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "Mark or Debra Eyman-
                Whitehead" <shop99er@...> wrote:

                > Talked with Julie this morning and Howard this afternoon.
                >
                > He's been moved but it's an in-house move. The apparently have a
                nice
                > rehab room for him and he's moved in. Believe it's room 3B.
                >
                > He's got a lovely window in this room that he can look out. Now I
                > would never EVER suggest that a select crew of Ninja-like
                > cacher/buddies go to this window and moon him. But if those select
                > Ninja buddies did do something like that it would be advisable to
                bang
                > on the window to make sure moon-shot victim is both awake and
                wearing
                > his glasses.
                >
                > Call his room at 512-901-5505

              • Nancy Lee
                Message 7 of 18 , Jan 29, 2008
                  How about putting a cache out there for him to watch over?
                  Nanblocker
                • StratmanAndTheHoot@suddenlink.net
                  Message 8 of 18 , Jan 30, 2008
                    Message
                    Dudes!

                    This is one of the best days ever!  I had the opportunity to visit Howard for a few minutes today and, get this, he had CLOTHES ON!  Also, even better, he had NO TUBES running in or out of his body!  He's still in pain and getting very sick of being there so keep up the prayers and support.  He's come a LONG way.  I also heard that he is having problems finding a wireless router in that new room so he isn't able to get online anymore.  THAT would KILL me in itself!  If any of you gurus have ideas, you could be the hero.....

                    Thanks!
                    Curtis / Stratman

                    Message 9 of 18 , Jan 31, 2008
                      if someone has an extra air card with unlimited data and is willing to lend it out - send it up to his room.

                      Paparazzi Pete

                      Message 10 of 18 , Jan 31, 2008
                        Talked with Howard this afternoon and it's more good news.

                        The therapy people had Julie see if she could get him up over some
                        rises and she did without a problem. Then they asked him to see if he
                        could get himself up and over them as well. Took a little effort but
                        he managed to do it.

                        The schedule, right now, is for him to take a field trip home on
                        Saturday. They are going to see if he can get himself in and out of
                        their car and check on some things at the house that may be issues.
                        IF all goes well he could be home next week sometime.

                        Now it's time to circle the wagons.

                        The ramp crew needs to get together with Julie for possible ramps in
                        the garage and out the front door.

                        Getting in and out of bed with a slider board might be a problem at
                        home because of the height of the bed. This may mean that the spare
                        room will need to be broken down and a hospital bed installed. Again,
                        Julie needs to be contacted about that once Howard can actually put
                        an eyeball on the situation.

                        They also need some light plumbing done. Howard will need a hose to
                        extend the shower head from the shower over to the tub. Shouldn't be
                        that big of a deal and more than 2 or 3 runs to the hardware store.

                        Last thing I can remember is that they will need a shower seat that
                        is Howard rated and has a slider. The people at the hospital gave
                        Juile a catalog of do-dads but I don't believe they've made any
                        selections. Didn't someone have a spouse in the medical do-dad
                        field?
                        Message 11 of 18 , Jan 31, 2008
                          Brad, you were heading up the build crew?
                          Let us know!!!!

                          I would suggest a 'shower massage' type shower head (or camper-type
                          shower head) on a hose, as you can turn the water off at the showerhead.
                          More control.
                          The basic models are not very expensive....
                          I'd be willing to buy him one as a 'sick toy' if Julie is willing.

                          Barb/Tygress

                          On Thu, 31 Jan 2008 22:32:22 -0000 "Mark or Debra Eyman-Whitehead"
                          <shop99er@...> writes:
                          > Talked with Howard this afternoon and it's more good news.
                          >
                          > The therapy people had Julie see if she could get him up over some
                          > rises and she did without a problem. Then they asked him to see if
                          > he
                          > could get himself up and over them as well. Took a little effort but
                          >
                          > he managed to do it.
                          >
                          > The schedule, right now, is for him to take a field trip home on
                          > Saturday. They are going to see if he can get himself in and out of
                          >
                          > their car and check on some things at the house that may be issues.
                          >
                          > IF all goes well he could be home next week sometime.
                          >
                          > Now it's time to circle the wagons.
                          >
                          > The ramp crew needs to get together with Julie for possible ramps in
                          >
                          > the garage and out the front door.
                          >
                          > Getting in and out of bed with a slider board might be a problem at
                          >
                          > home because of the height of the bed. This may mean that the spare
                          >
                          > room will need to be broken down and a hospital bed installed.
                          > Again,
                          > Julie needs to be contacted about that once Howard can actually put
                          >
                          > an eyeball on the situation.
                          >
                          > They also need some light plumbing done. Howard will need a hose to
                          >
                          > extend the shower head from the shower over to the tub. Shouldn't be
                          >
                          > that big of a deal and more than 2 or 3 runs to the hardware store.
                          >
                          > Last thing I can remember is that they will need a shower seat that
                          >
                          > is Howard rated and has a slider. The people at the hospital gave
                          > Juile a catalog of do-dads but I don't believe they've made any
                          > selections. Didn't someone have a spouse in the medical do-dad
                          > field?

                          It isn't a lack of willpower, it's an abundance of momentum. --Cathy
                          Guisewite
                        • Alex Alexander
                          Message 12 of 18 , Jan 31, 2008
                            Mrs Slytherin is certainly in the medical do-dah field. She can let
                            you know what you need, how you get it and who pays for it. A lot
                            depends on insurance and prescriptions. I suggest that someone emails
                            her at
                            kimrobinAThomailDOTcom

                            alex - Slytherin

                            On 1/31/08, Mark or Debra Eyman-Whitehead <shop99er@...> wrote:

                            > Last thing I can remember is that they will need a shower seat that
                            > is Howard rated and has a slider. The people at the hospital gave
                            > Juile a catalog of do-dads but I don't believe they've made any
                            > selections. Didn't someone have a spouse in the medical do-dad
                            > field?

                          • Alex Alexander
                            Message 13 of 18 , Jan 31, 2008
                              Mrs Slytherin is certainly in the medical do-dah field. She can let
                              you know what you need, how you get it and who pays for it. A lot
                              depends on insurance and prescriptions. I suggest that someone emails
                              her at
                              kimrobinAThomailDOTcom

                              alex - Slytherin

                              On 1/31/08, Mark or Debra Eyman-Whitehead <shop99er@...> wrote:
                              > Talked with Howard this afternoon and it's more good news.
                              >
                              > The therapy people had Julie see if she could get him up over some
                              > rises and she did without a problem. Then they asked him to see if he
                              > could get himself up and over them as well. Took a little effort but
                              > he managed to do it.
                              >
                              > The schedule, right now, is for him to take a field trip home on
                              > Saturday. They are going to see if he can get himself in and out of
                              > their car and check on some things at the house that may be issues.
                              > IF all goes well he could be home next week sometime.
                              >
                              > Now it's time to circle the wagons.
                              >
                              > The ramp crew needs to get together with Julie for possible ramps in
                              > the garage and out the front door.
                              >
                              > Getting in and out of bed with a slider board might be a problem at
                              > home because of the height of the bed. This may mean that the spare
                              > room will need to be broken down and a hospital bed installed. Again,
                              > Julie needs to be contacted about that once Howard can actually put
                              > an eyeball on the situation.
                              >
                              > They also need some light plumbing done. Howard will need a hose to
                              > extend the shower head from the shower over to the tub. Shouldn't be
                              > that big of a deal and more than 2 or 3 runs to the hardware store.
                              >
                              > Last thing I can remember is that they will need a shower seat that
                              > is Howard rated and has a slider. The people at the hospital gave
                              > Juile a catalog of do-dads but I don't believe they've made any
                              > selections. Didn't someone have a spouse in the medical do-dad
                              > field?
                              >

                              > Yahoo! Groups Links

                            • tx_bobcat
                              Message 14 of 18 , Jan 31, 2008
                                Hi all,

                                Chatted with Howard this evening and as Curtis said, everything is
                                going great with Howard's recovery. All the kind words and thoughts
                                have really made the difference.

                                As for remodels, help at home. Howard is making his first trip home
                                this weekend and I will be taking careful notes as to what needs to
                                be done to make it Howard ready and helpful. As it stands right now
                                (or at least from Howard's bedside this evening) he is thinking about
                                one main ramp in the garage to get into the house. Measurements have
                                all been made compliments of MrsSQ's dad. That being said, after the
                                first visit this weekend I will have a better idea of where to point
                                this great outpouring of help.

                                Don't worry, I will be calling.

                                If anyone has any questions please feel free to email me
                                texbobcatATgmail.com or give me a call. My cell is floating out there
                                somewhere. I generally get to email about once a day (in the
                                evening).

                                Cheers,

                                Brad

                                --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "Alex Alexander"
                                <alex@...> wrote:

                                > Mrs Slytherin is certainly in the medical do-dah field. She can let
                                > you know what you need, how you get it and who pays for it. A lot
                                > depends on insurance and prescriptions. I suggest that someone
                                emails
                                > her at
                                > kimrobinAThomailDOTcom
                                >
                                > alex - Slytherin
                                >
                                > On 1/31/08, Mark or Debra Eyman-Whitehead <shop99er@...> wrote:
                                > > Talked with Howard this afternoon and it's more good news.
                                > >
                                > > The therapy people had Julie see if she could get him up over some
                                > > rises and she did without a problem. Then they asked him to see
                                if he
                                > > could get himself up and over them as well. Took a little effort
                                but
                                > > he managed to do it.
                                > >
                                > > The schedule, right now, is for him to take a field trip home on
                                > > Saturday. They are going to see if he can get himself in and out
                                of
                                > > their car and check on some things at the house that may be
                                issues.
                                > > IF all goes well he could be home next week sometime.
                                > >
                                > > Now it's time to circle the wagons.
                                > >
                                > > The ramp crew needs to get together with Julie for possible ramps
                                in
                                > > the garage and out the front door.
                                > >
                                > > Getting in and out of bed with a slider board might be a problem
                                at
                                > > home because of the height of the bed. This may mean that the
                                spare
                                > > room will need to be broken down and a hospital bed installed.
                                Again,
                                > > Julie needs to be contacted about that once Howard can actually
                                put
                                > > an eyeball on the situation.
                                > >
                                > > They also need some light plumbing done. Howard will need a hose
                                > > extend the shower head from the shower over to the tub. Shouldn't
                                be
                                > > that big of a deal and more than 2 or 3 runs to the hardware
                                store.

                                > > Last thing I can remember is that they will need a shower seat
                                that
                                > > is Howard rated and has a slider. The people at the hospital gave
                                > > Juile a catalog of do-dads but I don't believe they've made any
                                > > selections. Didn't someone have a spouse in the medical do-dad
                                > > field?
                                > >

                                > > Yahoo! Groups Links

                              • Renee
                                Message 15 of 18 , Jan 31, 2008

                                  I suggest that someone emails
                                  her at
                                  kimrobinAThomailDOT com

                                  Are you sure you should talk about your wife that way?...  LOL

                                  With love (promise)

                                  Renee/zenfire

                                • d_rubarb
                                  Message 16 of 18 , Feb 1, 2008
                                    Once you get the list for what needs to be done with regaurds to remodeling let me know what material you will need especially lumber etc.. for the ramps. I work for a Lumber Company and get a very good discount. I can also help with any construction you need to do. I just need some notice to make plans.
                                    Drew/Kangadrew

                                    <alex@...> wrote:

                                    > Mrs Slytherin is certainly in the medical do-dah field. She can let
                                    > you know what you need, how you get it and who pays for it. A lot
                                    > depends on insurance and prescriptions. I suggest that someone
                                    emails
                                    > her at
                                    > kimrobinAThomailDOT com
                                    >
                                    > alex - Slytherin
                                    >
                                    > On 1/31/08, Mark or Debra Eyman-Whitehead <shop99er@.. .> wrote:
                                    > > Talked with Howard this afternoon and it's more good news.
                                    > >
                                    > > The therapy people had Julie see if she could get him up over some
                                    > > rises and she did without a problem. Then they asked him to see
                                    if he
                                    > > could get himself up and over them as well. Took a little effort
                                    but
                                    > > he managed to do it.
                                    > >
                                    > > The schedule, right now, is for him to take a field trip home on
                                    > > Saturday. They are going to see if he can get himself in and out
                                    of
                                    > > their car and check on some things at the house that may be
                                    issues.
                                    > > IF all goes well he could be home next week sometime.
                                    > >
                                    > > Now it's time to circle the wagons.
                                    > >
                                    > > The ramp crew needs to get together with Julie for possible ramps
                                    in
                                    > > the garage and out the front door.
                                    > >
                                    > > Getting in and out of bed with a slider board might be a problem
                                    at
                                    > > home because of the height of the bed. This may mean that the
                                    spare
                                    > > room will need to be broken down and a hospital bed installed.
                                    Again,
                                    > > Julie needs to be contacted about that once Howard can actually
                                    put
                                    > > an eyeball on the situation.
                                    > >
                                    > > They also need some light plumbing done. Howard will need a hose
                                    > > extend the shower head from the shower over to the tub. Shouldn't
                                    be
                                    > > that big of a deal and more than 2 or 3 runs to the hardware
                                    store.

                                    > > Last thing I can remember is that they will need a shower seat
                                    that
                                    > > is Howard rated and has a slider. The people at the hospital gave
                                    > > Juile a catalog of do-dads but I don't believe they've made any
                                    > > selections. Didn't someone have a spouse in the medical do-dad
                                    > > field?
                                    > >

                                    > > Yahoo! Groups Links

                                    Drew (KangaDrew)

                                  • d_rubarb
                                    Message 17 of 18 , Feb 2, 2008
                                      Hi Gang,
                                      It appears my hastily hidden cache (GC18XPD) in honor of Paul's 7000th find already has a soggy log. I'm thinking maybe the bison tube I used had a bad seal. I wasn't expecting to have to do maintenance on it till the next event down there. If any of you happen to be close by there and can replace the log for me I would appreciate it. If not no worries I'll get it when I come down for Julie's juggling event.
                                      Drew/Kangadrew

                                      Drew (KangaDrew)

                                    • palbers@austin.rr.com
                                      Message 18 of 18 , Feb 2, 2008
                                        Hey Drew,

                                        I will try to get over there soon. I have the same bison tubes that I can replace it with if the seal is actually gone or broken. If it is still fine, I will put a new log in it.

                                        Best Regards,

                                        -paul
                                        HiDude_98