Life changes every second

  • Tanya Phillips
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 2, 2003
      So, I was working away at my rental house yesterday, when I looked
      down at my watch and noticed that it was 9 minutes till 3:00pm. My
      daughter was going to perform with her dance team at her school at
      3:00pm. I was planning to attend and videotape!!!! yikes!!! I
      forgot. So I go running out the door in my old painted/dirty
      clothes (my daughter is going to love me showing up at her school
      dressed like this!) I realize I don't have time to go home and grab
      the video camera, so I head straight to the school. On my way, I
      get a phone call from my cousin, she's crying, and she says my
      Grandpa died that morning and everyone is upset. I say, "I gotta
      call my mom!" I call my mom figuring she already knows and instead
      I am the one breaking the news something like, "Hi, I guess you
      already know that Dad died today, right?" She says, "What?" I
      repeat, "Dad died today." She says, "No!?!" (disbelief) I then
      realize she doesn't know. <I am still racing to the school to watch
      my daughter.> It catches up to her, silence, then questions about
      when and how, questions that I don't know the answer to. I let her
      go so she can call to find out. I run into the crowded gym to the
      screaming and cheering jsut in time to see the entire performance.
      Man they were awesome!!! I wish I had a video tape of it. Oh well,
      life just caught me by suprise. Plans changed.

      love,
      Tanya