Re: Flaky People

  • Tanya Phillips
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 2, 2003
      Some people are inconsiderate, some people have life "catch them by
      suprise" and forget. Both happen to me, I must admit. I hate to
      offend or hurt other people, so I always do my best to at least call
      someone when my plans change suddenly. Since you don't know what
      happened yet to the person you were meeting, call them and ask,
      don't assume they just blew you off until they tell you that's what
      happened. They could have been involved in an accident or
      something, too, you never know. (Let's hope not) Sometimes even the
      best of intentions get sidetracked.
      Good luck.
      Gadget Girl

      --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, Gary Crowe
      <fchief812@y...> wrote:
      > Why is it that people so flaky that when they set a date to meet
      someone to do some software trading and never call to confirm time
      and place and make a person sit for half a day in Northwest Austin
      when they could of been doing something else instead of waisting
      time? Can anyone answer that question? Man I was so happy to find
      someone to share a copy of some mapsend software now I am crushed, I
      feel so let down.

      > Chiefcacher

    • Candy Lind
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 2, 2003
        Don't rush to judgment! If Mo didn't show up, there had to be a good reason. She does have children. There could have been an emergency. Maybe there was just a miscommunication, or maybe she couldn't contact you because of transposed numbers on a phone number or something simple like that. She is a responsible person and wouldn't have done it on purpose or even carelessly. If you have a beef, maybe you should ask HER what happened instead of airing dirty laundry on the email list.

        Candy Lind    candylind@...
        I can quit any time ... really, I CAN!!
        Sent: Wednesday, October 01, 2003 11:40 PM
        Subject: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Flaky People

        Why is it that people so flaky that when they set a date to meet someone to do some software trading and never call to confirm time and place and make a person sit for half a day in Northwest Austin when they could of been doing something else instead of waisting time? Can anyone answer that question? Man I was so happy to find someone to share a copy of some mapsend software now I am crushed, I feel so let down.

        Chiefcacher

        Do you Yahoo!?

      • Grajek
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 4, 2003

          I promise it was something other than “being flaky”  Remember a persons brother may be reading these posts and said brother may not like seeing these kind of posts about his kid sister.

          Then again I could be wrong, but I doubt it J.