Flaky People

  • Gary Crowe
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 1, 2003
      Why is it that people so flaky that when they set a date to meet someone to do some software trading and never call to confirm time and place and make a person sit for half a day in Northwest Austin when they could of been doing something else instead of waisting time? Can anyone answer that question? Man I was so happy to find someone to share a copy of some mapsend software now I am crushed, I feel so let down.

      Chiefcacher

      Do you Yahoo!?
    • Tanya Phillips
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 2, 2003
        Some people are inconsiderate, some people have life "catch them by
        suprise" and forget. Both happen to me, I must admit. I hate to
        offend or hurt other people, so I always do my best to at least call
        someone when my plans change suddenly. Since you don't know what
        happened yet to the person you were meeting, call them and ask,
        don't assume they just blew you off until they tell you that's what
        happened. They could have been involved in an accident or
        something, too, you never know. (Let's hope not) Sometimes even the
        best of intentions get sidetracked.
        Good luck.
        Gadget Girl

        --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, Gary Crowe
        <fchief812@y...> wrote:
        > Why is it that people so flaky that when they set a date to meet
        someone to do some software trading and never call to confirm time
        and place and make a person sit for half a day in Northwest Austin
        when they could of been doing something else instead of waisting
        time? Can anyone answer that question? Man I was so happy to find
        someone to share a copy of some mapsend software now I am crushed, I
        feel so let down.

        > Chiefcacher

      • Candy Lind
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 2, 2003
          Don't rush to judgment! If Mo didn't show up, there had to be a good reason. She does have children. There could have been an emergency. Maybe there was just a miscommunication, or maybe she couldn't contact you because of transposed numbers on a phone number or something simple like that. She is a responsible person and wouldn't have done it on purpose or even carelessly. If you have a beef, maybe you should ask HER what happened instead of airing dirty laundry on the email list.

          Candy Lind    candylind@...
          I can quit any time ... really, I CAN!!
          Sent: Wednesday, October 01, 2003 11:40 PM
          Subject: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Flaky People

          Why is it that people so flaky that when they set a date to meet someone to do some software trading and never call to confirm time and place and make a person sit for half a day in Northwest Austin when they could of been doing something else instead of waisting time? Can anyone answer that question? Man I was so happy to find someone to share a copy of some mapsend software now I am crushed, I feel so let down.

          Chiefcacher

          Do you Yahoo!?

        • Grajek
          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 4, 2003

            I promise it was something other than “being flaky”  Remember a persons brother may be reading these posts and said brother may not like seeing these kind of posts about his kid sister.

            Then again I could be wrong, but I doubt it J.