Re: Amick moving to S.A.!

  • Candy Lind
    Message 1 of 12 , Jan 4, 2008
      Oh, you won't be cache-lonely at ALL with davrobson (Dave Roberson) around! He is a good cache hider AND finder, and has a nice series of caches right in front of the village. He's still getting over bypass surgery and pacemaker implantation, but I'm betting he'll be happy to have someone in the village to cache with. :>

      Now, as for Motx  ... honey, you just say the word when you are ready to go caching, because I have a HUGE goal for this year and I have a lot of catching up with Wayne to do! :D I also have LOTS of caches to do in San Antonio, so any time you want to schedule a trip down to S.A. to pick up Mom, let's DO IT!

      Jo, I'm sure you'll find the San Antonio caching community is NEARLY as fun as the Austin one ... after all, they learned everything they know from US. >:)

      Happy Trails,
      Candy
      moosiegirl

      Message 2 of 12 , Jan 4, 2008
        While moving is hard, and downsizing is harder, it IS better when you do it voluntarily. And active groups of folks are great to hang around. My folks have been in Happy Trails in Surprise (AZ) for nigh on 20 years now, and it's kept them vital and sharp, and they've got better friends there than from their long working lives, I swear.

        Best to you!

        Message 3 of 12 , Jan 4, 2008
          You just made my day, Candy!
          I'll bet you get some flak for that last sentence...    jo

          Oh, you won't be cache-lonely at ALL with davrobson (Dave Roberson) around! He is a good cache hider AND finder, and has a nice series of caches right in front of the village. He's still getting over bypass surgery and pacemaker implantation, but I'm betting he'll be happy to have someone in the village to cache with. :>

          Now, as for Motx  ... honey, you just say the word when you are ready to go caching, because I have a HUGE goal for this year and I have a lot of catching up with Wayne to do! :D I also have LOTS of caches to do in San Antonio, so any time you want to schedule a trip down to S.A. to pick up Mom, let's DO IT!

          Jo, I'm sure you'll find the San Antonio caching community is NEARLY as fun as the Austin one ... after all, they learned everything they know from US. >:)

          Happy Trails,
          Candy
          moosiegirl

          --- In CentralTexasGeocach ers@yahoogroups. com, Jo Comer <jocomer@...> wrote:

          > Thank you, S Q, Barbara and Candy for your feedback. I have decided to leave the cache where it is--it is in a nice place for that particular cache, although off the beaten path and under trees which make the coordinates chancy sometimes. The person who owns the property will "bird-dog" it for me, so I don't need to find anyone else to adopt it.
          > In answer to your question, Candy, no--motx stays in Austin and we're both very sad at the prospect of being apart. My husband and I are moving to a retirement community while we are in apparent good health and able to downsize our 58-year collection of belongings by half so our kids won't have  to do it . We'll also have time to make friends and we chose Air Force Village II because it seems to be an active group of folks. I have discovered one cacher on the grounds and I've met Paparazzi Pete at an Austin event or two. Hopefully, motx will join me from time to time and I'll be back in Austin as often as I can. Austin geocachers are hard to beat! jo/amick

        • Jo Comer
          Message 4 of 12 , Jan 4, 2008
            Thanks, Barb--that's heartening!  jo/amick

            > We've had a "fish camp" in Kingsland for ten years. I placed a cache
            > on a friend's property in that area in October. Since then, only
            > three people have looked for it and one of those was my daughter who
            > was FTF after it had been in place for a week. We sold our fish camp
            > yesterday and I have a quandary. I will be in that area only rarely
            > now. It's not that I have no one to look after it--the friend said
            > she will check on it for me anytime I ask her to. But I think I'd like
            > to put it in a place closer to home (namely, San Antonio after Jan.
            > 29) and somewhere where more people will be inclined to look for it.
            > Is it cricket to archive and then, a month or two later after I find a
            > new hidey-hole, give the Prime Reviewer a whole new set of coord.s
            > many miles away?

            Another option would be to let someone adopt it ... either someone
            here, or possibly JWillis (Tina) in Kingsland. She's not been real
            active lately but owns several caches in the hill country.

            You're moving to San Antonio? You and MoTex both? Let us help you get
            to know some of the cachers down there (of course you've probably met
            some of them at events already!) -- loads of nice folks down there!

            Happy Trails,
            Candy
            moosiegirl

            @,.-:*'``'*: -.,@,.-:* '``'*:-., @
            It isn't a lack of willpower, it's an abundance of momentum. --Cathy Guisewite

          • Pete
            Message 5 of 12 , Jan 5, 2008
              Flak Flak Flak to Candy - but it is definately friendly fire and most certainly not lethal

              Paparazzi Pete

              Message 6 of 12 , Jan 5, 2008
                When facing a big move, we need all the positives we can get, for sure!
                Had we realized all y'all were waiting for us down here in Texas, that last move of ours wouldn't have been so rough!
                =hugs=
                And GOOD THINKS!!!

                Another tip ... if'n you don't mind ...as you downsize, if there are things you feel need to stay with the family, document them with their stories. Going through Russ' folks' stuff ... there is so much, including photos, that we have NO idea whether it's important or just a cool thing picked up on the way.
                Of course, one has to relinquish import to the receiver, I suppose, but *I* like to have the story behind an object, you know?

                Let us know when you have your grand garage sale!!!

                =grins!=

                On Fri, 4 Jan 2008 14:23:16 -0800 (PST) Jo Comer <jocomer@...> writes:
                Thanks, Barb--that's heartening!  jo/amick

                > We've had a "fish camp" in Kingsland for ten years. I placed a cache
                > on a friend's property in that area in October. Since then, only
                > three people have looked for it and one of those was my daughter who
                > was FTF after it had been in place for a week. We sold our fish camp
                > yesterday and I have a quandary. I will be in that area only rarely
                > now. It's not that I have no one to look after it--the friend said
                > she will check on it for me anytime I ask her to. But I think I'd like
                > to put it in a place closer to home (namely, San Antonio after Jan.
                > 29) and somewhere where more people will be inclined to look for it.
                > Is it cricket to archive and then, a month or two later after I find a
                > new hidey-hole, give the Prime Reviewer a whole new set of coord.s
                > many miles away?

                Another option would be to let someone adopt it ... either someone
                here, or possibly JWillis (Tina) in Kingsland. She's not been real
                active lately but owns several caches in the hill country.

                You're moving to San Antonio? You and MoTex both? Let us help you get
                to know some of the cachers down there (of course you've probably met
                some of them at events already!) -- loads of nice folks down there!

                Happy Trails,
                Candy
                moosiegirl

                It isn't a lack of willpower, it's an abundance of momentum. --Cathy Guisewite

                It isn't a lack of willpower, it's an abundance of momentum. --Cathy Guisewite