Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Moving trackables...

  • Doc
    Message 1 of 12 , Jan 2, 2008
      hhmm.... "...mailed it."...hhmmm....  nah....
      yeah, I wanted to see what adventures it would have... as it traveled to it's destination!
      Well, at least... if it ever gets there, the trip will be even more of an adventure....

      Received a nice explanatory note from the person.
      He picked it up with the intention of putting it a nearby TB Hotel near an airport.
      Couldn't find it.  Had to make his flight back to MI with no time to put it back or in another nearby cache....    oh well, life just doesn't work out sometimes...
      I'm sad still for my "child" I sent out into the geocaching wilderness, but I guess you just have to hope things will work out for the best...
      And yes, I'm glad that it hasn't been added to a "collection" yet...
      Barry

      Julie Perrine <mrscaptainpicard@...> wrote:
      Ok, Barry, take a nice, deeeeeeeep breath!

      If you just wanted your coin to get to Cambridge fast, you should have mailed it!  I assume you made it a travel bug so you could see who picked it up and where it went and what adventures it had on its round about way to it's destination.  Now just relaaaaaaaaaax and let it happen.  At least it's still in circulation!

      Don't worry, be happy.....

      On 1/1/08, Doc <bcwatson@yahoo. com> wrote:
      AAARRRGGGHHHH! !!!!

      I thought I was so lucky...
      I released a Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy geocoin and in it's plastic sleeve, put a note that its mission was to travel to the author's birthplace, Cambridge, England.  The very first person to pick it up (from a cache near Houston), took by plane to MA!  It has floated around local caches up there for a few months.  Now a person is taking it to MI!  So far out of its way!  That's why I put a note in its sleeve so people would know without having to go to the internet first whether they should leave it or if they could help with its mission.  Even if the note is no longer readable, common sense should be if you don't know what a trackable item's mission is, you shouldn't move it lest you unknowingly work against its mission.
      GGGGGGGGGGRRRRRRRRR RR....... .
      Sorry had to vent...  It went almost half way to it's destination in one day and then in totally opposite direction today...  for no good reason...

      Please folks, if you don't know, just let them sit...  but preferably, check the mission of trackables that are supposed to be in the caches you are looking for before visiting them.  And hiders, somehow please attach the mission of your trackable item to the item in some weatherproof way....

      Okay, done venting...  headed for bed...

      and yes, it is my first trackable item, so I might be a little sentimental about this one...

      Barry
      aka Doc Geo